- University of Northern Colorado
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Bridal, weddings, education, literacy and special education, yoga, mental health and wellbeing.
• Contributor to Brides
• BA in English from the University of Colorado at Boulder
• MA in Education from Grand Canyon University
• MA in Special Education from the University of Northern Colorado
• Certified Yoga Teacher (200-Hour) in 2017
• Certificate in Grant Writing from Fort Hayes State University
Whitney studied English in college at the University of Colorado at Boulder. While she began her career in education, she eventually pivoted toward her lifelong dream of writing. Currently, she freelances in a variety of spaces including personal writing, education, weddings, and parenting, while also working as a Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist.
Her background in education and work with people with disabilities has shaped her desire to write pieces that highlight accessibility and equity and has also instilled the important role writing and reading play in our self-development and understanding of others. Likewise, her experiences as a yoga teacher has informed her desire to make health and fitness inviting and accessible to all people.
Whitney received her BA in English and Secondary Education at the University of Colorado at Boulder. She pursued two masters degrees: a MA in Education/Curriculum and Instruction Secondary Literacy from Grand Canyon University and a MA in Special Education/Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments from the University of Northern Colorado. She earned her certificate in orientation and mobility from ACVREP. Whitney has also been a certified yoga teacher (RYT-200) since 2017.