Have a hot date lined up for Valentine's Day? Whether you're heading to dinner and a movie, a chocolate and wine tasting, or are planning to celebrate the holiday that's all about romance in a more unconventional way — tickets to a indie rock concert, perhaps? — your date night look should smolder. In that department, BRIDES Fashion Director Elle Strauss has got you covered. Here are her picks for five Valentine's Day-worthy date night ensembles that are at once stylish and sexy with just the right amount of ... je ne sais quois. Oh, and did we mention that they're totally shopable?
1. Give your LBD an update — channel your inner 90s child with a sexy slip silhouette. Keep accessories minimal and add an edge with a moto jacket.
(Pictured Above: Washed Leather Biker Jacket, $320, Topshop; Satin Midi Dress, $200, DKNY; Nudist Single Band Sandals, $415, Stuart Weitzman available at Shopbop; Canteen Wristlet, $255, Whiting & Davis available at Shopbop)
2. If you’re looking for old Hollywood style with a hint of boudoir, try a satin wrap dress. Tip: side part your hair Blake Lively style.
(Pictured Above: Gold-plated Faux Pearl Earrings, $70, Kenneth Jay Lane available at Net-a-Porter; Fiona Leather Clutch, $190, Inge Christopher; The Robe Dress, $425, AYR; Metallic Cracked-Leather Platform Sandals, $750, Gucci available at Net-a-Porter)
3. A classic polka dot print is made sweet when matched with ballerina flats and a quirky bag.
4. Outshine your date in a glam wide-leg metallic jumpsuit, paired with platform heels and chunky statement earrings.
5. Dress your favorite pair of jeans up with a sexy lace blouse, heels and add a flash of color with a red lip.
(Pictured Above: Frilled Lace Blouse, $39.90, Zara; Super Skinny High Jeans, $19.99, H&M; "Diva" Red Lipstick, $17, MAC available at Nordstrom; Gage Ankle Strap Pumps, $298, Joie available at Shopbop; "Leo" Velvet Envelope Clutch, $95, Rebecca Minkoff)