I have been with my husband now for nine years (married for nearly five). We have two children, ages six and four. We have always had really good sex, even from the first time. I always have multiple orgasms and always orgasm before him.
We are going away for a “dirty weekend” next month to celebrate our five-year wedding anniversary. I want to take advantage of this time and do something new with him. We have never felt the need for sex toys, but I think it could be fun to try some now. What toys would you recommend using that we can both enjoy and not feel too intimidated by?
Thanks so much,
Congratulations on your five-year anniversary! And, hey, I also want to say congrats on your amazing fairytale-worthy sex life. That’s something I don’t hear very often and it’s definitely not the norm, so both you and your husband get a round of applause from me!
I’m so glad you recognize that sex toys aren’t something you only use when you’re bored with your sex life. Pleasure products are perfect to enhance or change up your routine—even a routine that consists of multiple orgasms. Plus, I have yet to find a penis that vibrates, so trying out some sex toys can open you up to all kinds of new sensations.
A toy should be seen as an addition to your sex life—it has nothing to do with acting as a replacement for intimacy, connection, or great sex. Also, using toys doesn’t mean that there’s something wrong with what you’ve been doing. Toys are there for when we want to add a little spice in the bedroom, and a five-year anniversary trip sounds like the perfect time to do just that!
The key to finding sex toys you can travel with is to look for products that are discreet. All of the products mentioned here can easily slip into a bag, making them a breeze to travel with. Most importantly, you won’t have to worry about getting flagged down at the airport so TSA can inspect that suspicious-looking dildo in your carry-on. And despite being small, these toys pack a powerful punch that will definitely make for a vacation you’ll never forget.
So, without further ado, here is a list of my top five favorite toys that you can travel with:
1. The We-vibe Touch or Tango: Both of these toys are clitoral vibrators, but you can use them just about anywhere and it’ll feel amazing. The Tango is a strong little bullet, and the Touch is a vibe that contours to your hand. We-Vibe toys aren’t the least bit intimidating and are great as a gateway to exploring other toys in the bedroom. Both the Touch and the Tango can be a sexy way to tease your partner (male or female) during foreplay, and using it on your partner is the perfect way to warm him up to using it on you.
2. G-ring by FT London: You wouldn’t even know that this little vibe was there if it weren’t for the incredible vibrations it gives off. You can wear the G-ring on your finger like a ring, and you can use it just about anywhere on the body for some seriously O-worthy pleasure. This is truly a subtly designed vibrator that you can take with you wherever you go. I actually have one in my purse right now!
3. Fleshlight Quickshot: The Quickshot is a go-to when it comes to a travel toy for him, and it will definitely help get your toy-cautious partner on board with trying new devices in bed. This toy is the number-one bestseller for guys, and he’ll feel like he’s getting a mind-blowing hand job without the actual hand.
4. The Sportsheets G-Spot Link: This innovative little strap can transform your basic missionary position. It helps keep your legs elevated perfectly to make sure your G-spot is hit every time. Best of all? It’s made of up of simple nylon straps that you can fold up and stick in your suitcase or purse pocket.
5. JO Gelato Flavored Lube: This delicious water-based lube adds a tasty treat to your foreplay. All you need is one small (and discreet) bottle to cover everything from anal to intercourse.
These toys are some of my favorites and are great for dipping your toes into the pool of pleasure products. Plus, the G-ring, Touch, Tango and Quickshot are rechargeable and waterproof, so don’t be afraid to get wet and wild in the shower, hot tub, or pool.
Emily Morse is a doctor of human sexuality and host of the top-rated iTunes podcast Sex With Emily. As an expert, author, and star of television and radio programs, she has inspired millions of listeners and followers to make sex a priority, enhance communication, and strengthen their relationships. To learn more or to subscribe to her podcast, visit sexwithemily.com.
More from Glamour: