1. Talk for at least 5 hours a week. Sound like a lot? It's not if you sit down to breakfast or coffee together each morning, and make a date to chat about your days before bed instead of watching TV.
2. Follow the 5:1 ratio. Yes, you're bound to fight now and then, but the happiest couples have five positive interactions for every negative one. So next time you find yourself snapping at him about something, make sure you follow up with five nice exchanges.
3. Have sex at least once a week. This will give you both a 44 percent boost in happiness. But the happiest couples are said to have sex 2-3 times per week.
4. Boost positive interactions. This might mean sending a sweet text, complimenting your hubby, reliving a special memory or just doing something kind for him.
5. Celebrate each others' good news. It's crucial, say experts. When he comes home to tell you about a promotion at work, show him how proud you are. And maybe uncork the champagne.
6. Make new memories. Research shows that couples are happier when they try new things together. Time to finally book that trip to Italy?
__7. Laugh...together.__The more you crack up with the man you love, the happier you'll be, according to research.
8. Spin it positive. Even if you're going through a rough patch, couples who put a positive spin on their relationship have a whopping 94 percent chance of making it last long-term.