The bridal world is being taken over by vintage-inspired wedding dresses. More and more designers have been calling upon eras past to reinvent period details in the modern wedding dress. Victorian high collars and ‘60s mod hemlines are just a few vintage respins that have graced recent collections. And in tune with the runways, brides have been showing up at the altar wearing tales of times past. The number of real brides in stunning Gatsby-inspired wedding dresses of intricate beadwork and embellishments we’ve seen is enough to make us lose our breath! From vintage inspired details to genuine pieces from previous decades, we’ve rounded up seven stunning brides who look like they belong in another era.
- Boy, are we in love with this modern day 1920s inspired dream, offering a fresh take on a flapper wedding dress. Scalloped tiers flashing decadent jewels, shimmering sequins, and silver stitching just scream Art Deco.
- With a tea-length hemline and cropped sleeves, real bride Grace’s Delphine Manivet Propere gown calls to mind classic Grace Kelley. Simple, but elegant, it evokes 1950s charm.
- Bell sleeves, lace-up neckline, and peasant style skirt — this ‘70s inspired Rachel Zoe gown is a wild child’s dream. Real bride Alex wanted to recreate a true 1970s inspired wedding, and the dress was no exception with red lips and matching shoes to complete the look.
- Melanie’s decadent silk number infuses 1930s Hollywood glamour. A V-neck, cap sleeves, and silver belt add finishing touches, but nothing makes a statement as much as her strong red lip, cat eye, and pinup curls do.
- It’s no surprise that Rochelle, owner of Adored Vintage, donned a Victorian-era dress on her big day. Originally a dressing robe a bride would wear on her dressing night, it features a cherry motif that symbolized fertility. Rochelle had it restored with modern alterations, with a breathtakingly unique result.
- With a lace dress featuring a mod silhouette, short hemline, and bell sleeves; a floral headpiece; and brown suede boots, real bride Liz totally rocked the boho hippie vibes that characterized the ‘60s.
- It took six months to find this dream Edwardian dress, but we think the wait was completely worth it. Eyelet lace, bishop sleeves, and a rectangular neckline create total romance in this vintage masterpiece.