While the rest of the world is on high alert for #royalbabywatch, Prince William is busy balancing his uncle-to-be duties with his royal ones.
The elder Prince is currently traveling in New Zealand to honor the victims of the recent Christchurch Mosque shooting. During a walkabout on Sunday, someone asked him if there had been "any sign of the royal baby," Town and Country reports. His response: "I haven't got my phone on me, I have no idea. You guys will find out before I do at this rate."
As William pretty much confirmed, the baby is expected to arrive any day now. On Friday, fans thought the moment had finally come when an ambulance and helicopter were spotted outside of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's new home at Frogmore Cottage. But it was a false alarm, with reports claiming that it was actually just a "driver training vehicle picking up food for students while out and about all day, according to South Central Ambulance Service." Sigh.
It's worth noting that even if the baby had already been born (which it definitely seems like hasn't happened yet), the rest of us certainly wouldn't know before Prince William because of the Sussex's plan to keep the announcement private. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby," Kensington Palace said in a statement earlier this month. "Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.”
And according to Prince Charles, there is a plan in place as to how they'll share the news with the rest of the royal family. ""We will be told when she’s comfortably in labor, when she’s given birth to a boy or a girl and then there will be a photo call of some sort some days afterwards, very small, very controlled and very much arranged by the Sussexes themselves," he said on Good Morning Britain.
Better get that phone charged and back in your pocket, Will!