Sorry, royal fans. If you’ve been waiting on news that Duchess Meghan has given birth to her first baby with Prince Harry, it might be a bit longer than expected!
Though the Suits alum, 37, is reportedly due at the end of the month, the pair has decided not to announce their little one’s birth—at least not right away.
Kensington Palace released a statement on the matter on Thursday, April 11. “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very grateful for the goodwill they have received from people throughout the United Kingdom and around the world as they prepare to welcome their baby," the statement obtained by ET read. "Their Royal Highnesses have taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private.”
According to the statement, the former actress and the Invictus Games founder will release details surrounding their future son or daughter only after they’ve had a chance to get to know him or her.
"The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family,” the statement continued.
The announcement comes as quite the shock when compared to the hullabaloo surrounding the last royal baby, Prince Louie’s arrival.
The world got it first glimpse of Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s new sibling just hours after he was born when his proud parents, Prince William and Kate Middleton, posed for photos looking picture-perfect outside the Lindo Wing at St. Mary’s Hospital.
Harry and Meghan’s child will also make its grand debut with a photo shoot, but it will be on the couple’s terms: Entertainment Tonight also reports that the shoot will take place at the same place the duo got married in May 2018, Windsor Castle.
Members of the press will also reportedly be allowed at the photo shoot—the same place where the royal couple took their post-wedding carriage ride—after Meghan’s labor is announced.
A source previously told Us Weekly that unlike Kate, Meghan will “likely” give birth at a London wellness center. The Daily Mail, however, reports that the Tig founder was also eyeing Frimley Park hospital in London, where Countess Sophie of Wessex gave birth.
Their plans, while unexpected, certainly fit with earlier reports that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who moved to Frogmore cottage outside of London earlier this month, plan to raise their baby out of the public eye. As a source told ET, "[They] are keen that their child will be able to enjoy their privacy away from the goldfish bowl.”
Do you, guys!