What if your ideal wedding venue just happens to be your own home? You get married there, obviously! You and your groom may already live together, want to save money, or one of your sets of parents has a house that would be perfect for a wedding ceremony and reception — regardless, these kinds of at-home events are especially personal and meaningful. We found some etiquette expert-approved tips for making sure your homey wedding still feels special.
1. If you're having an evening wedding outdoors, line your walkway with white paper bags filled with sand and luminary candles. Hang Japanese lanterns in the trees or on ropes from tree to tree.
2. Borrow or rent chairs from a church, school social club, or rental company for seating your guests.
See more: DIY Wedding Decor Ideas
3. Hang a wedding banner on the front porch, or rent topiary or potted trees to place at the entrance.
4. Recruit neighborhood children to usher, to take guests' coats, and even to give corsages and nosegays to special guests.
5. Hire off-duty police or responsible teens as parking valets.
6. Avoid having muddy footprints in the house — don't water the lawn on the day of your ceremony!