Whether you're single and living it up or you're in a new relationship, it's pretty common to wonder if you're having sex enough (thanks, every single movie montage of newly coupled people constantly ripping each other's clothing off). Of course, what "enough" is exactly depends only on personal preference, but one thing most people definitely aren't doing is getting it on every day. In fact, Americans are probably having a lot less sex than you might think, according to a recent YouGov survey.
The survey's results reveal that just 4 percent of respondents said they were having sex each and every day. And when it comes to the remaining 96 percent of Americans, 14 percent of respondents said they hit the sheets a few times a week—and another 14 percent clocked in at a few times each month.
But apparently there's a disconnect between what's actually happening between the sheets and what many wish were happening. The survey found that 26 percent of Americans would like to have sex a few times a week. And as for having sex daily? Eighteen percent of men would prefer to switch to that schedule, but only 9 percent of women would like to.
Another interesting takeaway from the YouGov study is that people who are married or in relationships and people who are single have totally different perceptions of how often the other group has sex. Forty percent of married Americans think that single people are having more sex, but only 33 percent of single Americans have sex at least once a month. However, the 36 percent of single Americans who think couples who are married or in relationships have more sex are right: Almost 75 percent of coupled-up Americans have sex at least once a month, according to the survey.
-10 Movies and TV Shows That Make Pool Sex Look Way Hotter Than It Actually Is
-These 3 Questions Will Reveal Your Attitude Toward Sex
-9 Period Sex Tips to Make That Time of the Month Hotter