When it comes to flower girls and ring bearers at your wedding, we think the more, the merrier! There's nothing more charming than a gaggle of little ones making their way down the aisle before the bride's grand entrance. But in addition to tossing flower petals, what are some other duties can they take on? Our wedding etiquette experts are here to answer your questions in our daily post.
What do you do with multiple flower girls?
If you've decided to include several little attendants in your bridal party, there are many duties they'd no doubt love to take on (in additional to tossing flower petals down the aisle, of course). Here are some of our favorite ideas:
• Ask one flower girl to walk with you and carry your train.
• Ask your florist to create a garland of flowers and/or greenery and ask two flower girls to each hold one end and walk together down the aisle.
• If your flower girls are really little and you're worried they may not make it down the aisle on their own, a wagon ride is a great solution. Have the eldest flower girl pull the littlest ones down the aisle.
• Order floral crowns for each flower girl and ask them to hold hands with each other as they walk down the aisle.
• Instead of a basket of petals, they can carry more whimsical accessories, like colorful balloons, paper pinwheels, or even a bottle of bubbles to blow as she makes her way down the aisle.