1. Design an all-white wedding and utilize LED lighting in the room. Select a series of color changes for your celebration and let the LED change the room colors throughout.
2. At your ceremony, have your bridesmaids carry all the same shape and size bouquets; but in different colors within the same color palette. For example, roses in different shades of red, Gerbera daisies in different shades of orange, mixed flowers in shades of cream and ecru and white.
3. Instead of using just a single color at your wedding reception, embrace at least 2 complementary colors (eggplant and olive, celadon green and olive green, purple and silver, white and cream, hot pink and orange, powder blue and purple), and alternate the tablecloths. Dress half of the room in one color and half of the room in the other color.
4. Instead of traditional host cards, have cards made in the shape of leaves that can be hung from a tree at the cocktail area. Use one color for the men's cards (dark burgundy), another for the ladies (bright red) and another for children (orange). Use a gorgeous ribbon to hang the cards from a tree.
5. For some added texture at the table, use colored napkins in different shades of the same color palette.
6. Instead of the traditional black, silver, or gold ink on your invitations, consider having your printing and calligraphy done in a favorite color of your choice: celadon green, olive green, oxblood red, navy blue, or hot pink. Select a color to compliment your wedding look.
7. For added excitement to your room, divide the tables into three sections: one with tall centerpieces of one color, another with low centerpieces in a complimentary color and the third with a combination of low and tall centerpieces of mixed colors.
8. For a country-style wedding aisle, embrace Gerber daisies in a big way. Use just the head of the daisies to create a gorgeous aisle. Starting at the front of the aisle, place the daisies from the lightest color to dark, and work toward the ceremony site.
9. For a lush and rich look, use colored rose petals en mass to demarcate the aisle. The deeper in petals, the more lavish the look.
10. For a festive party, adhere colored GAM to your dance floor. GAM can be found in any color, so select the color you're passionate about and customize your dance floor to match.
See some of Colin Cowie's extraordinary weddings at colincowie.com.