Beauty products are a big investment, and when they don't live up to their hype, you'll find yourself seriously let down — especially if you're stocking up to look your best on your wedding day. To help you create a flawless look on your big day (and beyond!), the editors at BRIDES tested hundreds of products to bring you the best for all things beauty in 2015.
This week we're bringing you our editor-approved picks for makeup.
1. Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash Mascara, $24
It curls, it lengthens, it separates — is there anything this can't do? Not according to one editor. "It made my lashes so dramatic, without clumping," she says.
2. False Lashes: Eylure Pro-Lash Individuals, $6.99
These won points for looking light and fluttery. "Think more Olivia Palermo, less Kim Kardashian," says our tester, who took a few selfies with them on. "So pretty in pictures!"
3. Eye Shadow: Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color, $8
"Not only is the powder formula very finger-application friendly, but the (super gorgeous, super bridal) shades also stay true and crease-proof all day," says one tester.
4. Liquid Eyeliner: Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick, $30
The fine-tipped brush lets you draw on a thin or thick cat eye. "It was so easy, it made me feel like a professional," says one editor.
5. Lipstick: Chanel Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour, $36
"It's moisturizing but packed with color, doesn't cling to imperfections on your lips, and stays put for hours!" says one obsessed editor.
6. Eyelash Curler: Sephora Collection Show Curl Lash Curler, $17
This curler comes in two models — one for round eyes and one for almond — to ensure everyone gets Disney-princess lashes.
7. Brow Enhancer: Chanel Crayon Sourcils Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil, $29
Our tester professes that this glides on lightly and evenly, for brows that look "naturally full, not obviously fake."
8. Lip Gloss: Maybelline New York Color Elixir, $8.99
The goopy tendencies that give gloss a bad rap are nowhere to be found here. Says one tester, "The applicator latches on to the perfect amount of product so you don't glob on too much."
9. Waterproof Mascara: L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Superstar Mascara, $11
This mascara bulks up lashes with a volumizing primer on one end and a lengthening mascara on the other. It also passed the cry test. (Don't ask.)
10. Eye Pencil: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, $20
We're impressed with the versatility of this budge-proof pencil, which is great for creating both sharp lines and smoky eyes.
See More: Brides Beauty Awards 2016: The Best Wedding Makeup Products
1. Blush: Nars, $30
This cult classic comes in more than 30 colors, so you're sure to find the right shade for your bridal flush. Says one editor, "It added dimension and lasted all day, and I needed only one swipe for each cheek."
2. Primer: Cover FX Illuminating Primer, $38
A fading face is a no-go when you're being shadowed by a photographer all day. Enter this primer: "My makeup looked fresh for hours, even in sweltering heat," says our tester.
3. BB Cream: Revlon PhotoReady BB Cream Skin Perfector, $11
Plenty of BBs soften imperfections and protect with SPF 30, but this drugstore wonder beat out expensive brands because it looks and feels as light as air.
4. Bronzer: Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer, $37
A perennial favorite, this jumbo compact comes with four shades to give anyone pretty, sun-kissed color.
5. Makeup Brushes: Bobbi Brown, $28- $56
These are the next best thing to having a professional makeup artist. "They're incredibly soft and make applying any product a breeze," says our tester.
6. Highlighter: Too Faced Candlelight Glow Duo, $30
The champagney side adds warmth, the pink side brightens, and together the powders create an IRL Instagram filter.
7. Concealer: Clé de Peau Correctour Visage Concealer, $70
Pricey but lasting (our tester reports that months later, her stick shows no danger of running out), this creamy, blendable, stay-put formula won among tough competition.
8. Powder: Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, $21
This stops shine and evens out skin without making it look chalky. "My complexion looked airbrushed," says one editor.
9. Foundation: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, $62
For full coverage without the "mask effect" (in person or in photos), this was the big winner, making one new fan look "like myself, only better!"