Need hairstyle ideas for your wedding? We love the braided bun that Kerastase hair stylist Brandon Yamamoto created for the Monique Lhuillier Fall 2012 bridal show. "Monique's collection is very springy, young and flirty, so we went with a French braid so that it was textured and young looking, but clean at the same time," says Yamamoto. Here's how to get the look in five easy steps:
1) Start off by prepping dry hair with Kerastase Fibre Architecte, an end sealer and filler, to give the hair a polished shine.
2) Next, use a leave-in hair lotion such as Kerastase Sublimateur Jour to control the hair while braiding.
3) With the edge of your comb, create a strong side part from your hairline all the way to the crown. Work a French braid around the face, keeping it looser so you can really see the texture of the braid coming off the head. Follow the hairline and continue braiding.
4) Next, add the opposite side of the part into the braid and work your way around the head. As you get to the ends of the hair, twist the braid up and then braid through the ends.
5) When you're done braiding, wrap the braid on itself and tuck the ends in to create a bun. Secure with bobby pins.
Find more wedding hairstyle ideas in our Hairstyles gallery. —Stephanie Davila