When it comes to your significant other, chances are you rarely ever call them by their real name. You probably have sweet nicknames that you've been using for as long as you can remember. From the totally timeless to the trendy and new school, these are the best nicknames.
You can't go wrong with this staple, adored by both wives and hubbies alike.
- "We have the same nickname for each other: 'Babe.' I only use his government name when I'm mad." —Tatiana
- "I really only call my husband 'Babe.' He calls me 'Babe' as well." —Randi
"Baby" is another go-to nickname that will stick even after you have kids.
- "Mostly 'Baby.' We've both done it so long that it's almost the other person's name." —Ashley
- "'Baby.' It's the only nickname that's really consistent." —Natasha
'Baby.' It's the only nickname that's really consistent.
"'Honey" is perhaps the most popular pet name in the history of pet names.
- "Nine times out of 10 I call him 'Honey.''" —Kay
- "I pretty much strictly refer to my husband as' Honey' so he's used to it now." —Karen
4. Honey Bunny
"Honey Bunny" is an affectionate twist on the always trendy "Honey."
- "One day, I started calling my fiancé 'Honey Bunny.' I don't know why. It rhymes and just rolls off the tongue so easily. He was embarrassed at first, but now we call each other that when we need a good laugh." — Crystal
- "I call him my 'Honey Bunny' because he is very sweet to me and because I love cuddling with him." —Dianne
"Bear" is the perfect nickname for a big, cuddly partner.
- "I call my fiancé "my Bear." He has broad shoulders and a handsomely thick beard. He looks like a bear and he gives the best bear hugs ever." —Melissa
- "I call him 'Osito,' Spanish for 'little bear.'" —Robyn
"Pumpkin" is definitely one of the cutest nicknames out there.
- "'Dear' or 'Babe' when we're alone, 'Pumpkin' when we're around people." —Jeni
- "We use 'Pumpkin Face' or 'Pumpkin Head' a lot. Silly, I know, but it works." —Sam
We might have Chelsea Handler to thank for this lil' nugget of a nickname.
- "'Nug' or 'Nugget.' I'm not exactly sure how it started but even our friends know that's what we call each other." —Elise
- "'Nugget,' but only in private or else he'd kill me." —Liz
They'll always be your boo, right?
- "We call each other the usual ones like 'Babe' and 'Baby' but also 'Boo' and 'Booboo.'" —Mandi
- "'Booboo,' which is funny because that's the nickname we use for my cat, too." —Bri
Another tried-and-true classic and it comes complete with variations on a theme: 'Sweetie,' 'Sweets,' 'Sweetness,' etc.
- "Sweetheart' and 'Sweetie' are literally the only nicknames for my husband I'll use. Everything else just feels unnatural." —Kristi
A penguin is one of the cutest animals ever, so it's absolutely fitting that your significant other be called a penguin.
- "I call him 'Penguin' because penguins love each other forever. They choose their mates, and mate for life." —Sarah
This is one of those insider nicknames that only the couple understands.
- "I call my husband Brandon 'Goat, 'but it really is an acronym. G.O.A.T.: greatest of all time." —Amber
Now here's a warm and comforting insider pet name.
- "One day I told my husband Greg that he was the best snuggler ever. And then he said I was the best snuggler ever. And for the last four years, I've called him 'my Snuggle.' —Bekah
If your person is as sweet as sugar, this nickname makes perfect sense.
- "I've always called him 'Sugar.' Sometimes I take it a step further and call him 'Sweet Sugar Honey Man.' It's tongue-in-cheek, but he loves it.' —Marilyn
An endearing favorite that was around long before Snooki took MTV by storm.
- "We call each other 'Snooks', which is short for 'Snookums.' My husband initially heard me calling my niece 'Snooks' because she was upset about something and he started calling me that as well." —Rachel
- "Snook Snook.' Or 'Snookels.' I don't know why." — Ericka
Who would have thought that the word "butt" could be used so creatively and as a term of endearment?
- "We're pretty crass toward each other, so my favorite nickname for him is 'Boogerbutt.'" —Alix
- "Ours are hilarious, especially when I accidentally call him by them in front of other people: 'Lovely Buns,' 'Mr. Bun,' and 'Squishbutt.'" —Taylor