Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
While there are a nearly endless number of honeymoon resorts to choose from worldwide, the United States and Canada boast more than their share of unforgettable getaway spots. From luxury lodges with stunning mountain views to coastal resorts with the best of everything, your once-in-a-lifetime trip could include snowy weather or steamy days at the beach. Like the wedding itself, the details of your honeymoon are entirely up to you.
If you want to honeymoon close to home but you aren't sure how your vacation should look, it can help to browse some of the top resorts for romance, relaxation and whatever else you like to do. To help in your search, we compared some of the most iconic and unique honeymoon resorts throughout all of North America.
Best Honeymoon Resorts in the U.S. and Canada
- Best Overall: Hotel Wailea, Maui
- Best Coastal Option: Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay, California
- Best for Mountain Views: Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Canada
- Best Scenery: Prince of Wales Hotel, Waterton Lakes, Alberta
- Best for Foodies: Twin Farms, Vermont
- Best for Luxury: Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Lanai, Hawaii
- Best All-Inclusive Option: Bungalows Key Largo Resort
- Best for Wine Lovers: Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley, California
- Best for Nightlife: Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans
- Best for Wilderness: Triple Creek Ranch, Montana
Best Overall: Hotel Wailea, Maui
Why We Chose It: This property is Hawaii’s first and only Relais & Châteaux property and adults-only hotel, which makes it ideal for couples who want to splurge on a luxury trip.
- Adults-only environment (no kids allowed)
- Stunning ocean and mountain views in every direction
- Small property with only 72 suites across 15 acres
- Private pool cabanas available
- Pool and hot tub with ocean views
- Beach club with chairs, towels and beach concierge
- Small property with one main restaurant
- Perched on a cliff, so not directly on the beach
- Charges resort fee
- Some rooms lack an ocean view
Hotel Wailea is Maui’s premier boutique luxury hotel, and it has plenty to offer in addition to the amazing natural scenery. Honeymooners can book any number of lavishly decorated suites, including a Celebration Suite with panoramic ocean views, private concierge service, an oversized private lanai, and daily breakfast that can be enjoyed in your room.
Guests celebrating their special day can book a private dinner in an open-air treehouse where they can enjoy a seven-course tasting menu among mango trees while watching the Pacific sunset. They can even book a special Couples Paradise Retreat spa service, which includes a couples lomi lomi massage within the comfort of their room.
- In-suite nespresso
- Fitness center
- Concierge service
- On-site spa
- Private wine cellar
Best Coastal Option: Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay, California
Why We Chose It: The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay sits along an enviable stretch on the California coast, featuring luxury suites and upscale amenities perfect for couples celebrating their nuptials.
- Beautiful blufftop location overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- World class golf on-site
- 16,000-square-foot spa
- Indoor pool and whirlpool for year-round swimming
- Beautiful gardens with stunning landscaping, fire pits and ocean views
- Secluded location away from other sites
Guests seeking exclusivity should check out this Northern California coastal retreat where they can enjoy long walks on the beach, a few rounds of golf, sumptuous spa treatments and daily sunsets over the water. Spend the evenings wining and dining at one of the three on-site fine dining restaurants. Other activities include whale watching, wine tasting, kayaking, surfing and more.
This resort offers plenty of rooms and suites for couples who want to enjoy some alone time, including a Luxury Fire Pit Suite that features 1,000 square feet, panoramic ocean views, a cozy gas fireplace, separate living space and an outdoor patio with a cozy fire pit for two.
- Fitness center with techno gym
- Six lighted tennis courts
- Two championship golf courses
- Indoor pool
- Indoor whirlpool
Best for Mountain Views: Fairmont Banff Springs, Banff, Canada
Why We Chose It: Located in the heart of Banff National Park, Fairmont Banff Springs features unbelievable mountain views along the sparkling shores of the Bow River.
- Beautiful scenery in Banff, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- World glass golf on-site
- Luxurious spa
- Multiple pools, including an outdoor heated pool
- High-end shopping available
- Three separate bars on-site, including a beer garden
- Secluded location not in walking distance to other sites
- Basic rooms with no real premium suites to choose from
Canada's "Castle in the Rockies" is an iconic property with enviable views of the mountains and evergreen forests that surround it. The sheer magnificence of the hotel, along with its proximity to nature, make it an ideal getaway for honeymooners who want to explore the outdoors or sit by the fire with a glass of wine.
Numerous suites are perfect for couples craving romance and privacy, including the 550 sq. ft. one-bedroom suite with an enormous king bed and separate living space. The property features its own golf course, the premier luxury spa in all of Banff and four fine dining restaurants featuring gourmet cuisine made from fresh, local ingredients.
- Spa on-site
- Fitness and aquatic center
- Private wilderness tours available
Best Scenery: Prince of Wales Hotel, Waterton Lakes, Alberta
Why We Chose It: This property features absolutely stunning views of mountains and Upper Waterton Lake in every direction, which makes it ideal for a romantic retreat.
- Panoramic water and mountain views in every direction
- Huge suites with separate living space available
- Lodge serving craft cocktails and other spirits
- Location within the beautiful Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada
- Secluded location with no other sites within walking distance
- Small hotel with only one main dining option available
- Separate charge for parking
- No pool
Honeymooners who are hoping for epic mountain scenery and closeness to nature should consider the Prince of Wales Hotel in Alberta. This historic hotel may not have all the amenities of other properties that made our ranking, but it does offer some of the best scenery in all of the world.
The resort also features Prince and Princess Suites that are perfect for a honeymoon, with each one offering separate sleeping and living space, a large bathroom with a soaking tub, lake views and a comfortable king bed with fine luxury bedding.
- Afternoon tea
- Fine dining restaurant
Best for Foodies: Twin Farms, Vermont
Why We Chose It: Twin Farms Vermont is an all-inclusive private estate resort that lures guests with endless Vermont house-made breakfasts and farm-to-table dinners sourced from local lands.
- All-inclusive pricing makes it easy to budget
- Three gourmet chef-prepared meals per day included plus fine wines, beers, and spirits
- Located on 300 acres of Vermont countryside
- Unique luxury cottages and log cabins available within the resort
- Seasonal activities like hiking, archery, skiing, sledding, fishing and more
- Small property with fewer amenities
- Everything is offered on-site and included, so you may not get out to explore
Vermont's Twin Farms is the perfect honeymoon resort for foodies who want to wine and dine endlessly without having to worry about growing their tab. This property is on the expensive side, but gourmet dining and drinks are included in the nightly rate. Meals are prepared by a top-rated chef, and the menu changes seasonally based on the fresh ingredients available nearby. Many meals also come with wine pairings, and the resort staff will also throw together a private meal upon request — whether you prefer a picnic on the pond or a meal in your private cottage.
Room options for honeymooners also abound here, with a range of private cottages and romantic log cabins to choose from. Many cottages feature their own hot tubs and stone fireplaces.
- Private guided activities available
- Billiards room
- Fitness center
- Japanese Furo
Best for Luxury: Four Seasons Resort Lanai, Lanai, Hawaii
Why We Chose It: The Four Seasons Resort Lanai features unparalleled amenities and luxury among its sprawling grounds. The suite options at this property will impress even the most discerning guests.
- Giant lagoon-style pools
- Beautiful botanical gardens
- Oceanfront property next to Hulopoe Bay
- Luxury suites from 1,800 to 3,900 square feet available
- Five fine dining restaurants, including Nobu
- Secluded location can be difficult to get to
The Four Seasons Resort Lanai boasts an incredible clifftop location with sweeping ocean views and lush greenery in every direction. Guests seeking luxury will also find it here. The property boasts an array of upscale rooms and suites perfect for honeymooners who want some space. For example, their Hulopoe Presidential Suite is 2,300 square feet with a prime oceanfront location, separate living and sleeping space and two separate bathrooms.
Resort guests can spend their time playing a round of golf at the championship course on-site, or at one of the two enormous lagoon-style pools that feature private cabanas and ocean views.
- Hawanawana Spa
- Championship golf course
- Archery and shooting range
- Yoga studio
Best All-Inclusive Option: Bungalows Key Largo Resort
Why We Chose It: Bungalows Key Largo Resort offers all-inclusive fun for couples in an adults-only environment.
- Adults-only (no kids allowed)
- Nightly rate includes food, drink, lodging and more
- Six restaurants and bars featuring fresh ingredients and top shelf drinks
- Yoga and watersports offered
- Just over an hour drive from Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Two resort pools with ocean views
- Room service costs extra
- Waterfront but no beachfront
Bungalows Key Largo Resort offers the all-inclusive vibe you can find in Mexico and the Caribbean, but a location you can drive to within the United States. This all-inclusive property makes it easy to relax and unwind with all of your food and drinks included, and couples can even book excursions like diving and sunset cruises on-site for an extra charge.
Several room options can work for a honeymoon, including the Waterfront Bungalows, which feature oceanfront views and more than 900 square feet. These bungalows also boast a large private veranda with a soaking tub and an outdoor shower.
- Zen Garden Spa
- Floating tiki boat tours
- Snorkel excursions and sunset cruises available
Best for Wine Lovers: Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley, California
Why We Chose It: Napa Valley's Auberge du Soleil was inspired by the south of France, and it is renowned for its exclusive access to some of the best wines in the area.
- Gorgeous outdoor pool and hot tub
- Pool cabanas available
- Michelin star restaurant on site
- Custom-tailored wine tastings available
- Expansive rooms with luxurious amenities
- Secluded location
- Smaller property with two main dining options available
This wine lovers paradise sits among 33 acres of heritage olive and oak trees, and its history and culture have helped it earn a reputation as Napa's most iconic luxury property. Fine dining is available at two on-site restaurants within the property grounds, including Napa's first truly gourmet restaurant. Here, you can nosh on international cuisine made from fresh local ingredients while tasting any number of wines from the eaterie's extensive wine list. The restaurant team is also eager to create a custom wine pairing for each course of your exquisite meal.
An array of room options are ideal for a honeymoon, including the property's Private Maisons with 1,800 square feet of indoor and outdoor living space. These exclusive suites boast a separate living room with a fireplace, a private veranda with a huge soaking tub and an outdoor rainshower and sweeping views of the Napa Valley below.
- Auberge du Soleil Spa
- Fitness center
- Yoga classes
- Sculpture garden
Best for Nightlife: Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans
Why We Chose It: The Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans offers luxury, romance and exclusivity just steps from New Orleans's famous nightlife.
- Excellent location near the Mississippi River and the French Quarter
- 34th floor observation deck with unbelievable city views
- Two gourmet restaurants featuring local fine dining and New Orleans favorites
- Chandelier bar with classic cocktails
- Huge specialty suites available
- New property (recently opened in August of 2021)
- Beautiful pool
- Bustling resort may not be ideal for all couples
Honeymooners who want to get out and party during their trip should consider the Four Seasons Hotel New Orleans, which is only steps from the city's nearly endless entertainment options. However, resort guests always have the option to retreat back to the luxury property, which will seem a world away from NOLA's French Quarter.
This brand new property features two gourmet restaurants with Louisiana favorites, a chandelier bar with craft cocktails and a brand new spa that opens at the end of the year. The property's Presidential Suite is ideal for a honeymoon getaway as well, with more than 2,400 square feet of space, a huge bathroom with a separate soaking tub, city and river views and a separate living space for relaxing or watching TV.
- Luxury spa
- Observation deck
- Multiple ballrooms
Best for Wilderness: Triple Creek Ranch, Montana
Why We Chose It: The award-winning Triple Creek Ranch boasts an exceptional location among the wildlife and natural beauty of Montana's Bitterroot Valley.
- All-inclusive, authentic ranch resort
- Proud member of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux
- Gourmet dining and luxury accommodations
- Guests can participate in horseback riding, yoga, skiing, fly fishing and more
- Luxury cabins with double steam showers and private hot tubs available
- Room service included
- Large outdoor pool
- Secluded location
Montana's Triple Creek Ranch makes it easy for couples to book a luxury honeymoon with no detail spared. This resort features gourmet cuisine prepared by a world class chef and his team, and the on-site wine cellar is home to more than 600 fine wines and champagne. The all-inclusive nature of this property means couples can enjoy all the ranch offerings within the nightly rate.
Triple Creek Ranch may be best for active couples who want to spend their vacation riding horses, fishing, sledding or hiking the beautiful Montana landscape. Guests who want more privacy can even book a luxury cabin with a private hot tub, a fireplace, and a wraparound deck perfect for stargazing.
- Award-winning wine cellar
- Rooftop lounge
- Orchard and garden
- Dry sauna
- Fitness center
- Disc golf course
Couples who want to celebrate their nuptials without traveling too far from home have plenty of choices to consider stateside and throughout Canada. Fortunately, this is true whether you're eager to get out in nature, you want to experience pure luxury or you are angling for a tropical vacation next to the beach.
We hope our guide gave you plenty to think about as you plan the most important trip of your life. Maybe you even discovered the resort that will help you enjoy a trip you'll never forget.
How We Chose the Best Honeymoon Resorts in the U.S. and Canada
To find the best honeymoon resorts in the U.S. and Canada, Brides compared hundreds of North America's top properties based on their features, their upgraded room options, their culinary offerings and their on-site activities. While we leaned toward luxury for the purpose of this ranking, we looked for properties with special features like jaw-dropping views, gourmet cuisine, and rooms or suites with hot tubs or in-room fireplaces.