When you're busy planning a life with someone else, it's easy to forget about something: yourself! But before you get married, there are a few single-girl to-dos you must accomplish. We've rounded up five things — some practical, some fun — that every bride-to-be should do before she walks down the aisle.
1. Travel with your best female friends. Of course you can (and should!) continue to take girls-only getaways after marriage, but there is something special about taking this kind of trip before you say "I do."
2. Travel alone. It may be uncomfortable at first, but then you will find it is one of the most liberating, character-building and empowering experiences you'll have as a single woman. Pack a journal. You'll turn through its pages years after to relive all the things you learned about yourself.
3. Buy something outrageously expensive and completely impractical. That Clarisonic you've been eyeing doesn't count! Those Manolo Blahnik pumps you've been lusting after for months? Now that's what we're talking about!
4. Have a big, blow-out fight with your fiancé. You need to know you'll get through the tough stuff before you walk down the aisle.
5. Face one of your biggest fears — skydiving, rock climbing, having dinner in a restaurant alone. Whatever it is, take it on head-on. After all, getting married should be the least scary thing you do all year!
What else is on your before-marriage bucket list? Let us know on Twitter @Brides!