If you're married, you get how stressful planning a wedding can be. And if you're not, well, you'll find out one day soon enough and you'll be delighted if your guests are half as good as you are. Because obviously you're planning on being that friend...you know, the one who makes the bride's life all sugar and spice and everything nice, right? In case you needed a little guidance, here are nine things the best wedding guests in the whole wide world do and you should too, naturally.
1. The best wedding guests are always on their best behavior. They have impeccable manners, would never do anything to embarrass you (like get too drunk and demand the mic) and can work a room like nobody's business, becoming instant besties with all your other friends and family.
2. The best guests not only send their RSVP in on time, they send it back as soon as they get it with a cute little handwritten note telling the bride and groom how beautiful their invitations are or that they simply can't wait to celebrate the big day with them. Aww!
3. Great guests don't sweat it if they can't bring a date nor would they ever insist on getting a plus one, and then get upset when you say no. Secretly, they may not love the idea of going solo, but they're not about to stress you out by making your day all about them.
4. They aren't too cool to use your wedding hashtag and gasp! They actually remember to do it, even on pics from the bachelorette party and bridal shower — and, of course, from the big day, too.
5. They like any and all wedding-related Instagram posts, even when you're still sneaking in #tbt wedding shots months later. Ain't no shame in your game, and they totally support that. #bestguestever #duh
6. The greatest guests go out of their way to attend any pre-wedding events and purchase you something off your wedding registry months in advance. That way, you aren't bombarded with a million gifts at once and you get something you actually need and want.
7. They show their appreciation by giving you specifics on what they loved about the wedding, be it the food, flowers or decorations, and make sure you know what a fabulous event it was and how much fun they had dancing the evening away. Because what bride doesn't love being showered with compliments?!
8. The best wedding guests understand how to be the life of the party without completely stealing your thunder. They get the party started and keep it going with their killer (or at the very least, entertaining) moves on the dance floor. They always have a big smile on their face and are a wedding photographer's dream subject. Your photos will be unforgettable because of them.
9. Even if they're completely pooped, they show up to the after party because they know it means a lot to you. They may not stay longer than 20 minutes, but at least they came and that's so much more than many others can say.