It's officially wedding season, and whether you're a bride, bridesmaid, or guest, surely many of you are getting in on the "I do" fun in one way or another this year. And while brides are the gals in the spotlight – wearing the crowns at the bachelorette parties and registering for gifts galore – they certainly aren't the only ones enjoying the perks of this nuptial season. In fact, it's a lot less stressful being a guest. Unattached? You don't need a plus-one to take advantage of a friend or family member's big day. Here are nine reasons to love wedding season when you're single and ready to mingle!
1. It's an excuse to dance. It's like a free club with people you know instead of strangers. What beats that?
2. __There's an open bar.__The alcohol will be flowing, and unlike the bride, you don't have to worry about being sober in front of relatives, awake enough for the "wedding night," and perky the next morning for a flight to Cancun.
3. __It's less sketchy than a bar for meeting and flirting with guys.__Other single guys attending the wedding have at least passed the crazy test with either the bride or groom, so they shouldn't be quite as creepy as bar hoppers.
4. Two words: bachelorette party. Bachelorette parties and destination weddings mean you have perfectly acceptable excuses to take lots of minivacations. And if you're single, then you'll be able to take advantage of any male attention. Nighty night, marrieds; see ya in the morning!
5. __You can catch up with girlfriends you haven't seen in a while.__With all the parties, showers, and big-day festivities, a wedding is a great way to reconnect with friends you've been too busy to spend time with.
6. There's free food and cake. While the bride is too busy to eat and too worried about her wedding dress figure to indulge in cake, you can partake guilt-free and just dance it off!
7. It's a reason to dress up. If you've been looking for a chance to rock your favorite cocktail dresses, a wedding is the perfect event to get all glammed up and flirt with a fellow guest (or that hot bartender!).
8. __You can take notes for your own future wedding.__As a guest, you can see what works and what doesn't firsthand and learn from their mistakes for your own big day!
9. It's a way to make new friends. If you don't know a ton of people at the wedding, there's no better icebreaker than a night of dancing and champagne toasts!
You Might Also Like: