Amazon Prime Day is now over, but it's still possible to score some major deals for your wedding, including gifts for your bridal party, makeup essentials, and more. It's also a great opportunity to find that perfect gift to celebrate a special anniversary or milestone. Even though the main sale days have passed, there are still great deals out there—we found the best ones below.
If you don't have Prime yet, you can sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of the sale right now. Then be sure to check out Amazon Handmade—you can shop by region to help support small businesses.
Keep scrolling for the best deals to shop for Amazon Prime Day 2022.
Creawoo Wooden Guest Book Album
Normally $29, Now $22
Perfect for a rustic woodland wedding, this album features a charming engraved wood cover. Display it as a guest book at your wedding or use it as a photo album post-wedding—it comes with optional photo corners to keep your favorite pictures safe.
FORSUN Sandalwood Fan Set
Normally $55, Now $38
Guests will truly appreciate this useful favor at a summer wedding! Crafted out of durable sandalwood, this pretty fan will keep everyone cool during the ceremony—and they'll want to use it again all season long, post wedding-festivities. Available in a set of 50, this is a deal you don't want to pass up.
ZOUTOG Battery Operated String Lights
Normally $24, Now $18
Create a dreamy vibe at your engagement party with these top-rated indoor/outdoor string lights, complete with a remote control and eight different settings. The battery-powered set can easily be draped around the card table or a photo booth table at your wedding, too.
Yard Games Large Tumbling Timbers
Normally $58, Now $53
If you're looking for a fun outdoor activity for your backyard wedding, this oversized block-stacking game will keep guests entertained for hours.
iRobot Roomba 692 Vacuum
Normally $300, Now $180
This will be the gift to yourself that keeps on giving. The Roomba 692 is great for smaller spaces (it can run for up to 90 minutes) or if you’re not ready to invest in one of the more expensive models. Connect it to Wi-Fi, program it in the companion app to run on your preferred schedule (or just tell Alexa or Google Home), and let it do its thing on hardwood floors, tile, and carpets.
Furbo Dog Camera
Normally $169, Now $118
Loving dog parents can keep a watchful eye on their pet with this souped-up pet-monitoring camera. Use the phone app to view a livestream of your dog, talk to them, and—wait for it—toss them a treat. You’ll be alerted if your dog barks or there is unusual activity and if they face the camera, it snaps too-cute selfies. The design blends easily into your decor, looking more like a high-end coffee maker than a doggie cam.
Luck Lab Dinner and a Movie Date Night Dice
Normally $20, Now $17
If you're looking to add a touch of spontaneity to your next date night together (or are just stuck in an old routine), roll these clever dice and watch a romantic evening unfold. One of the two pieces offers up suggestions for food, and the other for a movie genre to watch. It's a fun way to shake things up (and makes decision making so much easier).
Normally $239, Now $219
Indulge in some self-care with this at-home self-tanning kit. Get a beautiful summer glow (maybe for that upcoming wedding) without exposing your skin to the sun.
Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
Normally $200, Now $131
Working from home together? Stay focused while listening to what you need to hear (like music, meetings, podcasts) with these wireless headphones from Beats that feature 40 hours of battery life. Plus, we are obsessed with this rose gold color.
August Smart Lock Pro Door Lock (4th Gen)
Normally $230, Now $180
POV: You and your partner both left the house for work and neither of you can remember if you locked the door. This never has to be a thing again with August’s smart door lock that automatically locks behind you. The hardware attaches to your deadbolt and you can control the lock through your phone from anywhere.
When Is Amazon Prime Day 2022?
Amazon Prime Day 2022 starts July 12 and extends through July 13. The sales begin at midnight Pacific Time on the first date of the sale, and you’ll have 48 hours to shop with the sale ending at 11:59 am Pacific Time.
Prime members can keep an eye out for an email announcing the dates, or if you have an Alexa device, you can say, “Alexa, keep me posted on Prime Day.”
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is Amazon’s biggest sale of the year, with deals on over one million products over a span of around two days. Given it’s so notorious, it’s hard to believe the sale-turned-holiday only started in 2015.
The first Prime Day lasted 24 hours and was designed to celebrate Amazon’s 20th birthday and deliver sales that topped what the company offered on Black Friday. Since then, the sale has gotten longer (and better), lasting for 48 hours for the past three years.
To take advantage of Prime Day, you’ll need to be an Amazon Prime member. Membership is $14.99 a month or $139 for a year. You can sign up for a free 30-day membership here. In addition to access to Prime Day sales, you’ll get free two-day shipping, early access to special deals, and Prime Video, among other perks.
“Taking advantage of sales like Prime Day allows couples to snag amazing deals on items they want or need for their weddings,” says Jessica Bishop, founder of The Budget Savvy Bride. Whether you're planning the wedding on your own, or had a virtual celebration last year and are ready to meet up in person, Prime Day is an ideal day for couples to save big on everything they need.
What Types of Deals Can I Find During Amazon Prime Day?
“Prime Day typically has deals in every category you could think of, but keep an eye out for items you'd utilize in your wedding or wedding-related events,” says Bishop.
You’ll also want to be on the lookout for any home items you and your partner have been thinking about, especially big-ticket items that may not have made it to your registry. See something from your registry on super-sale? If it hasn’t been purchased, it’s fine to remove it from your registry and swap in a new item. Bishop recommends couples keep an eye out for pre-sale promotions so they can start making a game plan. Here’s where to focus:
- Amazon Products—It goes without saying, now is a great time to pick up an Alexa or Echo device, Kindle, Fire TV, or Fire Tablet. These are the top-selling items on Prime Day and at the lowest prices you’ll see all year (up to 50 percent off).
- Wedding Event Decor and Favors—From table numbers and cake toppers to candles and lights, you can find just about anything you need for any DIY element of your engagement party, bridal shower, or wedding day. “It is a good day to purchase things you may need for the day of the wedding, such as polaroid cameras for a selfie station, welcome bag items, or umbrellas,” says Susan Norcross, Wedding Director and owner of The Styled Bride, based in Philadelphia. You can even find small succulents and seed cards for favors.
- Kitchen appliances—While many kitchen items go on sale during Prime Day, appliances are where you can find some of the steepest discounts. Find key items like an espresso maker, immersion blender, KitchenAid attachments, coffee grinder, and more at up to 60 percent off.
- Fashion—Amazon Fashion is known for stocking great brands as well as some private labels. Be on the lookout for special items for your honeymoon, or even fun things like robes for the wedding party, suggests Norcross. Bishop also recommends guys scope out Amazon's in-house fashion brands for items like nice dress shirts and pants.
- Beauty—“Check out deals for items to help you in your pre-wedding beauty routine, from face creams, serums, and the like to skincare tools and devices to prep your skin for the big day,” says Bishop. Previously, many items in this category were around 30 percent off, so it’s also a good time to stock up on any of your favorite everyday products.
Do Other Brands Have Prime Day Sales?
Prime Day has become such a big deal, other brands have taken note, using the day to launch competing sales to vie for shopper’s attention. Chances are, if you can’t find what you’re looking for on Amazon, you might be able to find it on sale elsewhere during Prime Day. Last year, these brands offered comparable sales, so start setting your sale alerts:
- Bed Bath & Beyond—Every category had sales last year, but hone in on ones where other brands aren’t as specialized, like knives, silverware, and bedding.
- Best Buy—Price shop here on speakers, TVs, headphones, and laptops before you buy on Amazon. Last year, some of their deals not only matched Amazon, but beat them.
- Macy’s—Prices were up to 80 percent off in 2020 on things like bedding, kitchen tools, cookware, and kitchen storage. Our advice? Stock up on nice sheets!
- Walmart—Kitchen appliances are a great bet here if you’re looking for an air fryer, coffee maker, or Instant Pot. Make sure to do a price check to see where you can find the best deal