Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
Engagement rings tend to get all the glory when it comes to wedding jewelry, but men’s wedding bands should be equally considered. After all, this is the band he'll be sporting to symbolize a beautiful partnership for years to come. “Men should shop for a band that reflects their unique ethos and style,” says jewelry designer Melissa Joy Manning. “A band is a daily reminder of your relationship and individuality. It should echo them accordingly.”
Meet the Expert
When it comes to finding the perfect men’s wedding band, the options are just as vast as searching for the perfect women’s band. Gold, platinum, or silver men’s wedding bands are total classics, but there's also plenty of options for finishes from matte or polished styles to hammered or brushed looks. There's no need to shy away from diamonds, either! Char DeFrancesco is proof of this with his 17-carat emerald-cut eternity band symbolizing his union with fashion designer Marc Jacobs.
- If gold or platinum isn't for you, don't be afraid to make a bold choice. Check with your jeweler to see if colored gemstones or other materials can be incorporated into your band.
- Be sure to try on thicker rings to double-check that they're comfortable. A thicker band may come at a higher price point (thanks to using more metal), so be sure it's something that can be comfortably worn on a daily basis. “A unique wedding band should be chosen based not only on style but on fit. A daily band should be as comfortable as it is momentous,” says Manning.
There is definitely no harm in thinking outside of the box when it comes to selecting a beautiful band. With so many options for metals, styles, and whether to incorporate an engraving or a little bling, the choices may seem endless. In the end, it’s all about finding the perfect fit for that left ring finger. “We encourage our customers to find a ring that speaks to them—a token not only of their love but of their individual spirit,” says Manning. “A band should be as unique as the relationship they celebrate."
Whether you're searching for coordinating bands or for something utterly unique in style, read on for 42 of the coolest men’s wedding bands for every taste, from classic to artsy to modern.
1stDibs Christian Bauer Gold and Palladium Men's Wedding Band
This band combines both 18K yellow gold and palladium for a mixed-metal look. With a unique cut design, paired with moveable pieces in the center and a round diamond in the middle, this band is truly one-of-a-kind.
Blue Nile Brushed and Polished Comfort Fit Wedding Ring
Switch things up from the traditional gold band and go for tungsten. This band is available in black or white tungsten and pairs polished edges with a brushed center finish for a modern look.
Diamond Nexus Sinclair Wedding Band
Don't be afraid of a little bling when it comes to men's wedding bands. This band, available in white or yellow gold, is paired with a segmented design with beveled edges and three princess-cut diamonds.
Bario Neal Shield Band With Blue Enamel
Who says you can't add a splash of color to your wedding band? This unique patterned band brings blue glass enamel into the mix for a unique design.
What to Look for When Choosing a Unique Men's Wedding Band
According to Manning, gold remains the strongest and most requested seller in men's bands, with almost a 50/50 split between white and yellow gold.
"Platinum and 14k gold are our most popular choices, and you can get a unique ring by going classic with the metal but with more unique design elements such as diamonds, gemstones, or textures," Roxanna Rector recommends.
"The first decision after metal is usually around width and fit, which is based on your preference and what feels comfortable to you," says Rector. "If you have larger knuckles, look for 'comfort fit' rings which are rounded on the inside which helps them slip over your knuckles and forget you're wearing a ring except for the weight," informs Rector.
Speaking of the band width, there’s also consistent demand for thicker, flatter men’s bands when it comes to style. Other unique style options include marrying two metals together, incorporating hammering or finishing textures, or including hidden stones or engravings. “Unusual bands come in a range of styles,” says Manning. “A band can be designed as differently as the wearer desires. There really are no rules except for designing with an eye to longevity.”
Not sure where to start? Simply consider the basics of your own personal style, and decide how you want your ring to stand out. "The first thing to consider with style is what element you want to use to differentiate your ring: color and metal, texture and design, or diamonds and gemstones," Rector explains.
- What is the average price of a men's wedding band? "The average price men spent on wedding rings with us last year was around $600 but range from $195 to $7,000, so there is something for every budget," assures Rector.
- How can I make the wedding band more unique? "Ask for something custom! We love bringing what's in your imagination to life," says Rector. "Add an engraving," or "think of a memory with your partner and find a design element or stone to represent it," Rector suggests.
- Can I add diamonds or gemstones to my wedding band? "We see this as a growing trend but in more understated looks or even larger stones that are worthy of an engagement ring," states Rector. "If you like the idea of stones but want to keep a more masculine look, try black rings with stones, black diamonds, or geometric, linear designs."
- What is the most unique type of metal? "Our most unique metals are referred to as 'alternative metals' since they are alternatives to traditional precious metals: Tungsten, Tantalum, and Titanium. These metals comes in shades of grey, stark black, and even colors like cobalt blue or expresso brown and are a great way to show your style. They're also more budget friendly than precious metals," Rector states.
- What is a big trend in men's wedding bands right now? "Multi-tone metals are a major trend and a great way to add a twist to your style as well," says Rector.