We love a good wedding sign—especially when it's of the neon variety! From a ceremony backdrop and welcome signage to bar decor, displaying your name or favorite saying in a neon wedding sign is a surefire way to make your party pop. But with the endless possibilities for design and purpose, how can brides and grooms-to-be decide how to utilize this trendy element? Luckily for engaged couples, Jenna Miller, Creative Director at Here Comes the Guide, has some tips on displaying neon wedding signs at your nuptials.
Meet the Expert
Jenna Miller is the creative director at Here Comes the Guide, a women-run wedding planning firm.
- Keep It Minimal: “A swanky neon sign crafted with a sweet cursive sentiment is chic enough to stand on its own. So not only will you save money on additional over-the-top wedding decor, but you'll also invest in a piece that can be displayed in your home!" explains Miller.
- Express Yourselves: “The best thing about neon signs? They're a cutting-edge way to express your personalities!" says Miller. "Hint at how you met with a 'You had me at hello!' sign, shout out where you’re from with something like, 'California love,' or share a sentiment unique to your relationship like, 'It was always you.'"
- Light the Way: "Typically, signs are used at weddings to steer guests in the right direction," explains Miller. "Instead of the traditional wooden sign, why not greet guests in a more modern way with a glowing 'Welcome' neon sign or a 'Meet us at the bar' directive, pointing to cocktail hour? It's a whimsical way to show guests where to go.”
- Share Your Hashtag: “Want your social savvy guests to hashtag your wedding photos for easy reference? There's no better way to spread the word about your tag of choice than by putting it up in lights,” notes Miller.
- Amp Up Your Thanks: “Get a custom-made 'Thank you' or 'Merci' neon sign and have your wedding photographer take your picture with it on the big day," suggests Miller. "It’ll make a fab front to your post-wedding thank-you cards!”
Since this lasting wedding trend doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, we've compiled some of our favorite neon wedding signs below.
Photo Booth Backdrop
Show off your new last name with a custom neon sign! The bright lights can also double as the perfect backdrop for a photo booth, too.
Accented With Candles
Mixing a neon sign with candles will give your wedding an unexpected glow.
This is the best way to say cheers to the happy couple! While you say "I do," have your guests say "I Veuve" to a glass of champagne.
Brighten up a flower wall with a neon wedding sign. This glowing signage is a perfect way to greet guests at your reception.
Add Your Initials
Personalize your wedding by adding a neon wedding sign featuring your initials. This tiny signage shows off your love and can easily be added to your wedding day decor.
Incorporate Your Vows
Give a nod to your vows and everlasting love with a simple sign like this. It's the best way to make a plain wall shine!
Illuminate the Dance Floor
For couples looking to give their reception a nightclub feel, a custom neon wedding sign like this can brighten any dance floor.
Perfect for Photo-Ops
Gather your groomsmen, bridesmaids, and guests alike for a photo-op underneath a personalized sign. After all, everyone is there to celebrate your union!
Remind your guests to grab some bubbly on the way to your ceremony with a neon sign like this. We also love how the neon lights look outside in natural light!
This couple made a statement with their dessert table decor. There is no doubt guests will be able to find their piece of cake with this sign on display!
Your Vows as Decor
Another take on incorporating traditional vows into your wedding decor, this couple opted for neon signage to make their bar pop.
This couple proved that neon wedding signs can work for any nuptial style by combining boho elements with a bright pink light.