A Cabo bachelorette party should be on every friend group’s bucket list. It’s more than just a pretty beach, but is also home to some of the best nightlife, delicious farm-to-table cuisines, and adventures the whole group can enjoy.
Think Cabo is your dream bachelorette party destination? Keep reading for where to stay, what to do, and where to eat, plus a three-day itinerary curated by expert travel consultant Rachel Fried.
Meet the Expert
Rachel Fried is the Founder of Leisurely, a luxury travel agency focused on providing custom travel planning and destination consulting services.
How much does a Cabo bachelorette party typically cost?
"Depending on the time of year and length of stay, the price per person can really vary anywhere from around $500 per person up to $2,500 or more per person for three nights, depending on the level of luxury your group is seeking," says Fried. Airfare is something to consider when it comes to budget as well.
When is the best time to visit Cabo for a bachelorette party?
"I love the shoulder seasons in Cabo (October/November and May/June), which have amazing weather with temperatures in the 80s and less rainfall, and since it's technically off-peak season, rates will likely be your friend," reveals Fried. "The summer months between July and September are more at risk for Pacific hurricanes and rainier days. December through April tend to be heavier with the crowds due to the holiday season leading into winter season and spring break in March/April."
Where to Stay in Cabo
There are so many great resorts in Cabo, and there is something for every type of bachelorette group. Fried tells us that location plays a factor, as the best resorts in Cabo are spread out from San Jose del Cabo, the more local and walkable town, to Cabo San Lucas, the larger city with nightlife and famous bars.
With several quality hotels to choose from, we turned to Fried for the inside scoop. "The Viceroy Los Cabos is great for bachelorette groups, with a reasonable price point and a young vibe. The resort has various levels of accommodations as well, ranging from standard guest rooms and suites for smaller groups to four or five-bedroom villas for larger groups," she shares. "Private villas are great for bachelorette parties and I recommend looking towards resorts that have private villas on property, such as Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedegral, Montage Los Cabos, or Viceroy Los Cabos, which are all luxury properties with amazing service."
The current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. As the situation remains fluid, we’ll be sharing tips and stories from industry experts to give you of-the-moment advice and help you navigate wedding planning today. For the most up-to-date guidelines and latest on travel restrictions and requirements, check the CDC and U.S. Department of State websites.
For more budget-friendly private home options without the luxury resort amenities, Airbnb has unique listings like this three-bedroom villa or this entire private house that sleeps up to 10 guests. For a group that wants an all-inclusive experience, consider LeBlanc Los Cabos, an upscale adults-only option with fresh décor in a central location. Paradisus Los Cabos by Melia is similarly located and is also a great all-inclusive option, and has a swimmable beach (which is not the case at every Cabo hotel!).
What to Do in Cabo
Cabo offers so much in terms of activities, dining, relaxation, and of course, celebrating. According to Fried, there are underrated things to do in Cabo that are great to do as a group like glass bottom kayaking, surfing lessons, tequila tastings, whale watching, and yacht rentals.
"While boat experiences are amazing during the daytime, sunsets in Cabo are iconic and groups can consider a sunset sail experience with dinner to make the most of those amazing sunset views and golden hour photo-ops," Fried says. "You can also visit local fishing villages and tour the local art culture. Cabo has become home to many world-renowned chefs and the dining scene is amazing, there are so many restaurants to try that you will have to return to try them all! There are also some great day clubs that are extremely buzzy and very popular for bachelorette parties."
Cabo Bachelorette Party Itinerary
- Morning: Enjoy a light bite and coffee at your hotel or villa, then kick off your weekend with a private boat day and sail the coast and visit the famous arches of Cabo. Hire a captain and boat with water floats and get the celebration going at sea with refreshing cocktails and brunch onboard!
- Afternoon: Return to your resort or villa this afternoon around 3:00 p.m. Allow the girls to choose between lounging by the pool or booking relaxing spa treatments at your resort's spa.
- Evening: Head to dinner at Sunset Monalisa, serving up amazing Mediterranean Cuisine by Italian chef Paolo Della Corte, with incredible views of the famous Arch at Land's End. For an extra special touch, book a private table for your group and work with the restaurant's team to decorate for the bride and create an unforgettable evening. Follow up dinner with drinks at The Rooftop at The Cape for handcrafted cocktails and sweeping views.
- Morning: Start your day right with an unforgettable farm-to-table breakfast experience at Floras Field Kitchen at Flora Farms. This is a must experience in Cabo, with all of the menu items coming from the self-sustaining 25-acre farm or their nearby 150-acre ranch. If your group is so inclined, take a farm tour after your meal to get to know the inner workings of this special farm.
- Afternoon: After brunch, venture out on an unforgettable ATV adventure through the desert. Get your adrenaline pumping as you ride through canyons, desert, mountains, sand dunes, and breathtaking ocean cliffs. Return to your hotel or villa and relax by the pool with some light bites and beverages before getting ready for a fun evening.
- Evening: Tonight, enjoy a feet-in-the-sand dinner with giant margaritas at The Office on The Beach. While this has definitely become a tourist favorite, it's a true classic in the destination, and will not fail to deliver a fun and lively beachside cantina experience with traditional Mexican dishes on the menu. You will be treated to tequila shots being handed out and a night to remember. For those looking for a more upscale dinner, try Toro Latin Kitchen Bar instead for small plates to share, a delicious ceviche bar, and signature cocktails. After dinner, head to El Squid Roe for an iconic bachelorette party nightclub experience. Once you are at El Squid Roe, other great bars and nightclubs will be within easy bar-hopping distance, like Cabo Wabo Cantina.
- Morning: After your night out last night, you will want to sleep in a bit. Enjoy relaxing by the pool this morning as the group wakes up, followed by a room-service breakfast in your suite or villa.
- Afternoon: Depending on how the group is feeling, opt to enjoy your day at OMNIA Day Club, where you can enjoy your last day celebrating in the sun. If your group is more active, enjoy a glass bottom kayak and snorkel tour where you can kayak through the Sea of Cortez, to the famous arch, and view the gorgeous multi-colored marine life through the bottom of your kayaks and with your snorkel. Head back to your accommodation and relax as you get ready for your final dinner.
- Evening: Close out your weekend with dinner at Nido at The Viceroy for Japanese cuisine in an incredible nest structure above the sea, followed by a night of cocktails at Otro Bar or Cielomar Rooftop.