Our editors independently research, test, and recommend the best products; you can learn more about our review process here. We may receive commissions on purchases made from our chosen links.
If you’re a groom searching for a white tuxedo and aren't having any luck, we are here to help! While most of the attention is typically placed on the bride and the wedding gown, finding the right tuxedo that makes you feel good is just as crucial. After all, all eyes will also be on you.
First, let's break down the difference between a suit and a tuxedo. "The only difference between a tuxedo and a suit is that a tuxedo has satin details. Tuxedos have a satin lapel and a satin stripe on the pants," says Steven Burton, Founder and CEO of Perfect Tux. So while suits are appropriate to wear on your wedding day, tuxedos provide extra details that could help you stand out from the rest of your guests.
Meet the Expert
Steven Burton is the Founder and CEO of PerfectTux, a leading e-commerce website for fashionable and unique men’s formalwear.
Burton tells Brides that it's crucial to wear a tux that is perfectly fit for your body. “Having an oversized tuxedo takes away the appeal, even from basic tuxedos,” he explains. “Also, the new trend is having tuxedo pants show men’s ankles so they can wear loafers with no socks." Layering accessories like a vest, pocket square, or cummerbund are also recommended for those looking for additional flair.
And when searching for a tux, there are many factors to consider, starting with the fit, style, and overall pricing. A few tips Burton recommends when selecting a white tuxedo are:
- Get proper measurements from a tailor.
- Make sure the tuxedo is a reflection of your style and personality.
- Pay attention to pricing and check that the tuxedo is within your budget.
- Decide if you want to rent or own. “The majority of the time, owning a tuxedo is less expensive than renting,” Burton explains.
Whether you’re looking for a linen tuxedo for your tropical wedding or a formal tuxedo jacket for your white tie affair, we’ve rounded up the best white tuxedos for grooms. Ahead, see 20 options to shop from.
For a Beach Wedding: Suitsupply Off-White Havana Tuxedo
This Havana tuxedo is the perfect vibe for a tropical wedding. Crafted from linen, the slim fit naturally frames the shoulders for grooms of all sizes. Even better? The pocket square holds a small handkerchief which you can use to wipe your tears away as your bride walks down the aisle.
Best Printed Tux: White Shawl Collar Paisley Suit Jacket And Matching Pants
If you're a groom that wants more details added to your white tux, opt for this paisley print piece—a single-breasted tuxedo with minimal button closures. Guests will catch the subtle pattern when you move, and its slim fit will make you look extra sleek.
Single-breasted jackets will always have one to three buttons, with two being the most common. Double-breasted jackets have two to six buttons, with four being the most common.
Most Comfortable Jacket: Ermenegildo Zegna Men's Peak-Lapel Wool Dinner Jacket
This dinner jacket is crafted with a solid weave, meaning there are no subtle prints and color added to the coat. It's also made from wool, nylon, cotton, and mulberry silk—all comfortable fabrics to help you move on your big day.
Searching for the perfect white tux? We've answered three common questions grooms have when shopping for this tuxedo.
- Can grooms wear white to their wedding? Absolutely! If the bride and groom both agree to wear the color white, wearing a white tuxedo (and even suit) is a suitable option for all weddings.
- What should grooms look out for when purchasing a white tuxedo? Grooms should pay close attention to the style and fit of a tuxedo. If possible, it's important to get a tuxedo precisely tailored to fit perfectly on the wedding day. White tuxes also come in a variety of styles and shades, so grooms should be sure to choose a tuxedo that is comfortable and flattering.
- Is a white tuxedo appropriate for all dress codes? Yes! White tuxedos can be worn at any type of wedding, during any season.