We independently research, test, review, and recommend the best products—learn more about our process. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
The Caribbean boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, as well as resorts and boutique properties that cater to guests craving romance. Many properties go the extra mile to accommodate guests who are celebrating a wedding or a honeymoon, with romance packages and suite accommodations, as well as special upgrades like couples massages and a champagne brunch.
We compared dozens of romantic Caribbean resorts and hotels to find properties that have special amenities for couples celebrating their once-in-a-lifetime event. Whether you're prioritizing privacy, activities, or luxury amenities, you'll have a memorable getaway at one of the options below.
The Best Caribbean Honeymoon Resorts
- Best Overall: Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth
- Best Beach: Zemi Beach House, Anguilla
- Best Budget Option: TRS Yucatan, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Best for Foodies: Azul Beach Resort Negril, Jamaica
- Best for Luxury: Sandy Lane, Barbados
- Best for Romance: Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort, Aruba
- Best for Exclusivity: Four Seasons Resort, Nevis
- Best Golf and Spa Amenities: Half Moon Resort, Jamaica
- Best for Nightlife: Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, Mexico
Best Overall: Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth
Why We Chose It: If you’re searching for a Caribbean destination that exudes European flair, Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth is the ideal place to spend your honeymoon. With its airy, residentially designed suites, world-class amenities, and impeccable service, you’ll never want to leave.
- Tennis court and fitness studio on property
- Suites with private swimming pools available
- Each guestroom features its own private outdoor space
- Dedicated concierge to assist in planning adventures and experiences
- Ferry or short plane ride required to get to St. Barths
- Not adults-only
Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth opened in November 2021, but its history is deeply rooted in the DNA of St. Barths. Formerly known as Le Guanahani, the resort was first built in 1986 and became a popular spot for well-traveled guests and celebrities. Sadly, it faced the brunt of Hurricane Irma in 2017, but after a four-year renovation, the property is back under the Rosewood flag.
A Sense of Place is Rosewood’s guiding philosophy, which celebrates and embraces the history of the destination. Situated on a private peninsula on the northeast side of the island, the resort overlooks the beautiful beaches of Maréchal Bay and Grand Cul-de-Sac Lagoon. Honeymooners seeking privacy and luxury will revel in all that Rosewood Le Guanahani St. Barth has to offer.
- Two private beaches and a main infinity pool
- On-site bar, Bar Mélangé, and restaurant, Beach House St. Barth
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa’s locally inspired treatments and idyllic views
- Complimentary non-motorized water sports including kayaking and snorkeling
Best Beach: Zemi Beach House, Anguilla
Why We Chose It: Zemi Beach House paves the way for romance with its exclusive location on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. This property is ideal for honeymooners who only want the best of the best.
- Luxurious rooms and suites
- Location along Shoal Bay East in Anguilla
- Stunning infinity pool
- Thai spa features massages and more
- Ferry required from St. Maarten to get to Anguilla
- Not adults-only
Zemi Beach House sits on six acres along the shores of Shoal Bay East in Anguilla, which is frequently considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The island itself is expensive to visit, so you can expect an upscale vibe geared to adults. While Zemi Beach House is not adults-only, its rooms and suites are geared to couples who want privacy with world class views.
Honeymooners can dine at one of the resort's five restaurants and lounges for convenience, but Anguilla is known for its many unique culinary options and experiences. The property also features an opulent spa, a see-through infinity pool and a lap pool perfect for early morning activities.
- Four pools including a lap pool
- Tennis facilities
- Zemi Thai House Spa
- Five restaurants and lounges
Best Budget Option: TRS Yucatan, Riviera Maya, Mexico
Why We Chose It: TRS Yucatan is a five-star luxury resort that's also all-inclusive, so your room rate includes food, drink and entertainment. Nightly rates are lower than comparable properties elsewhere, and many rooms have private plunge pools or in-room Jacuzzis.
- Affordable nightly rates for five-star luxury
- All-inclusive pricing makes budgeting a breeze
- TRS guests can use the entire Grand Palladium complex amenities
- On-site spa features are $35 for TRS guests
- Swimming beach is next door to the property
TRS Yucatan in Mexico's Riviera Maya can be a good value if you're seeking a luxury resort for your honeymoon. Nightly rates can easily be below $400 during off-peak travel dates, and your room price includes food, entertainment and all your drinks (including alcohol).
The TRS property is the adults-only section within the greater Grand Palladium complex, so you can take long walks around and use all the amenities of the sister properties, including their restaurants and pools. Within the TRS Yucatan, you'll also find rooms with private plunge pools or in-room soaking tubs perfect for romance. You can even book add-on amenities for your honeymoon, such as sunset dinners on the beach, breakfast in your pool, couples massages and more.
- On-site spa
- Saltwater pool fed by ocean
- Infinity pool
- 20 dining options
- Chic Cabaret show
Best for Foodies: Azul Beach Resort Negril, Jamaica
Why We Chose It: Azul Beach Resort Negril is a Karisma all-inclusive property, which means it is known for its excellent gourmet cuisine. The property also features various honeymoon suites, some with swim up access.
- Along the beautiful shores of Negril, Jamaica
- Gourmet-inclusive pricing with food and drink included
- Honeymoon suites available, some with direct pool access
- Spa available with couples massages and treatments
- Six restaurants feature gourmet cuisine from around the world
- Not adults-only
- Some reviewers complain about road noise
Negril is known for its beautiful white sand beaches, and Azul Beach Resort in Negril sits along its most stunning stretch of shoreline. This all-inclusive property is also gourmet-inclusive, meaning all your gourmet dining and drinks are included in your nightly rate. This makes budgeting easier, but food options here are much better than traditional all-inclusive properties.
You can book a honeymoon suite if you prefer, and some options even have direct swim up access to a pool. Spa services are also available for couples who want to relax and unwind.
- Multiple bars and lounges
- Yoga classes
- Cooking courses
- On-site spa available
Best for Luxury: Sandy Lane, Barbados
Why We Chose It: Sandy Lane is an iconic luxury resort along the Platinum Coast of Barbados. Book this honeymoon getaway if you want an upscale experience you'll never forget in one of the most beautiful destinations in all of the Caribbean.
- Location along the stunning Platinum Coast of Barbados
- Luxurious rooms and suites perfect for honeymooners
- Expansive pool perfect for relaxation
- Spa features treatments for couples
- Exquisite dining options at four high-end restaurants on-site
- Not adults-only
- Very expensive
Sandy Lane is a popular resort for celebrities booking a beach getaway, and it's easy to see why. This exclusive (see: expensive) property sits directly on the award-winning white sand beaches of Barbados' Platinum Coast where overwater sunsets take your breath away. Rooms are luxurious and roomy, and every amenity imaginable is within easy reach, including luxurious services at the on-site spa.
The property is known for its unparalleled service and quality, as well as upgraded room features like Italian marble flooring, state-of-the-art bathrooms and fine bedding. Sandy Lane Barbados will not disappoint, but your honeymoon will cost you a pretty penny.
- Lavish breakfast buffet included
- Elegant spa
- Fine dining at four on-site restaurants
Best for Romance: Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort, Aruba
Why We Chose It: We chose Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort for our ranking due to its focus on creating a romantic, adults-only environment, as well as the curated romantic experiences you can book ahead.
- Adults only (no kids allowed)
- Curated romantic experiences for honeymooners available
- Romantic suites and penthouse rooms available
- Located on beautiful Eagle Beach in Aruba
- Free breakfast
- Smaller property with smaller pool
- Not all-inclusive
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is frequently considered one of the best tropical resorts for romance, and it all starts with their adults-only setting and unique rooms. You can book upgraded options like a bungalow suite, an oceanfront Tara suite, or even a penthouse with a full kitchen and living area. The beach is large and uncrowded, and the fact this property is not all-inclusive means you get the chance to nosh on the excellent culinary options found throughout the island.
Breakfast is offered daily, and afternoon happy hours are the place to be at this resort. The stunning location on Aruba's Eagle Beach cannot be beat if you love snorkeling or swimming in crystal clear water. Personal concierge service is also offered, as are a variety of bookable honeymoon upgrades like VIP airport arrival, white glove champagne service, couples massages, a yacht sail adventure and more.
- Breakfast included
- Fresh water infinity pool
- Daily happy hours
- On-site dining options
Best for Exclusivity: Four Seasons Resort, Nevis
Why We Chose It: Four Seasons Resort in Nevis is luxurious and exclusive, with gorgeous views of nearby St. Kitts. This resort offers incredible suites perfect for honeymooners as well as private villas for ultimate privacy.
- Luxury suites and villas are perfect for honeymooners
- Spa services and treatments for couples
- Lush and tropical grounds with gorgeous beach views
- Gourmet dining and in-room dining available on-site
- Not adults-only
- Not all-inclusive
Four Seasons Resort Nevis is only a quick ferry ride or flight from nearby St. Kitts, but you'll feel like you're a world away. This luxury resort feels exclusive and swanky, and the beautiful beach backdrop creates romantic vibes that are perfect for a honeymoon.
This property has an array of room options perfect for couples who plan to splurge, including studio suites with plunge pools and private villas with pools and full kitchens. There are five different dining options to choose from at the resort, whether you want cocktails or small bites near the pool or a fine dining experience at Mango, their oceanside restaurant. Honeymooners who want privacy can also opt for room service any time of the day or night.
- 18-hole golf course
- Basketball courts
Best Golf and Spa Amenities: Half Moon Resort, Jamaica
Why We Chose It: Jamaica's Half Moon Resort offers more golf and spa amenities than many other honeymoon resorts.
- Golf packages for men and women
- Award-winning 18-hole par-72 championship course
- Fern Tree Spa with exceptional treatment options
- Large rooms and suites to choose from, as well as private villas
- Close to airport in gorgeous Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Resort sits on two miles of beachfront
- Not adults only
- Extra charges for a meal plan
Half Moon Jamaica is easily one of the top luxury resorts in the Montego Bay area, and it's perfect for active couples who want to enjoy their hobbies while they're away. An award-winning golf course is on-site, and couples can also enjoy horses at the equestrian center or participate in tennis or squash.
While the property isn't all-inclusive, they do offer three main restaurants as well as meal plans that can be incorporated into a honeymoon stay. Finally, it's worth noting that this resort's 210 rooms and suites are especially large and roomy.
- Equestrian center
- Tennis and squash
- Beach barbecues
- Three restaurants and multiple bars and cafes
Best for Nightlife: Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, Mexico
Why We Chose It: The Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is the perfect choice for honeymooners who love to party. While couples can whisk away to their luxury suite within the adults-only Heaven section when they want some privacy, this property features three different bars and a Club Heaven nightclub that stays open until 2 a.m.
- Adults only Heaven rooms and suites available
- Some rooms come with a personal assistant
- Private white sand beach with exclusive snorkeling areas
- Hydro spa tubs in most rooms
- 24-hour room service included
- Kids are welcome in the family section of the property
- Lagoon beach instead of open ocean
- Large property requires some walking
The Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya was chosen as our best for nightlife due to its focus on music and partying, including its bars and Club Heaven nightclub for adults. Honeymooners can dance the night away with new friends, yet they can also retreat to their luxury room or suite when they're ready. Room options come with plenty of standard benefits perfect for romance, including hydro spa tubs and bathrobes and slippers upon request.
This is a large property that requires some extra walking, but that also means your all-inclusive amenities go further. For example, you get the chance to try 13 different restaurants and bars during your stay, with cuisine options that range from Asian fusion to Italian and Mexican.
- Guitars and turntables available on request
- 13 restaurants and bars
- In-room dining
- Rock spa
- Beauty salon
The best Caribbean honeymoon resorts can help create experiences you'll never forget, but you should make sure to compare destinations and resort brands before you book. In the meantime, decide whether you want an all-inclusive experience with more included amenities or more freedom to dine and explore on your own.
How We Chose the Best Caribbean Honeymoon Resorts
To find the best Caribbean honeymoon resorts, we looked for properties with special amenities for couples. We also compared properties based on the room types they offer with preference given to resorts with honeymoon suites, private villas or rooms with plunge pools or in-room Jacuzzis. While we considered many all-inclusive properties, we also looked at hotels geared to guests who want more freedom in their dining and activities. Ultimately, we compared more than 100 Caribbean honeymoon resorts based on their star ratings and customer reviews, amenities for honeymooners, and overall value.