If you’re looking for an epic bachelorette party that’s filled with hot new restaurants, exciting nightlife, and outdoor fun, then Austin is your place to be. It’s one of Texas’ most popular girls’ weekend getaways for a reason. To ensure you throw the most epic bachelorette in Austin, we turned to Alison Lamell who gave us all of the insider recommendations.
Meet the Expert
Alison Lamell is the tourism and marketing specialist for Visit Austin.
Austin has a perfect mix of live music, rooftop lounges, trendy restaurants, and shopping. There’s something to do for every type of bride-to-be whether she likes a "chill" party or wants to get active.
When is the best time to visit Austin for a bachelorette party?
"We recommend groups come in the spring before the weather gets too hot and the beloved Hill Country is in full bloom with fields of bluebonnets—the perfect photo opportunity! The Hill Country is just 30 minutes outside Austin and makes for the perfect day trip," reveals Lamell.
How much does an Austin bachelorette party typically cost?
Ready to book Austin for the bachelorette party destination of your dreams? Read on for where to stay, what to do, and where to eat, plus a three-day itinerary curated by Visit Austin.
The current outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. As the situation remains fluid, we’ll be sharing tips and stories from industry experts to give you of-the-moment advice and help you navigate wedding planning today. For the most up-to-date guidelines and latest on travel restrictions and requirements, check the CDC and U.S. Department of State websites.
Where to Stay in Austin
"We recommend a boutique hotel off South Congress Avenue, known for its walkability, chic boutiques, and quirky storefront windows. It's a must-visit whether you decide to stay on the strip or not," shares Lamell. Top boutique hotels in Austin include the East Austin Hotel, Heywood Hotel, Hotel Ella (with a cabana-lined pool), or Kimber Modern.
Of course, you can’t go wrong with a downtown hotel within walking distance to thriving nightlife, world-class cuisine, and live music at every corner. Lamell tells us that, "for a bachelorette crew we recommend staying near Rainey Street, a popular strip of bungalow bars, or West Sixth Street, a higher-end hang-out spot with dancing, live music, and drinks galore."
What to Do in Austin
What many people might not realize about Austin is that it's a creative hub with hundreds of street art murals found throughout downtown. There are also selected murals that the city brings to life with new augmented reality filters in the mural project called "Vibrant City." This is the perfect photo opportunity for bachelorette groups to snap one-of-a-kind photos.
For groups who want to experience Austin’s infamous music scene, but don't quite know where to start, you can take a Live Music Crawl with Austin Detours. The tour guide is a local musician who personally builds the lineup so guests experience a combination of blues, jazz, country, and rock.
Of course, no bachelorette party in Austin is complete without renting a boat to Devils Cove (otherwise known as Party Cove) out on Lake Travis. Another option is to rent a retro boat out on Lake Austin where the beautiful Austin skyline serves as the backdrop, or rent stand-up paddle boards at Rowing Dock to take in the breathtaking views.
Austin Bachelorette Party Itinerary
- Morning: Settle into your hotel and go for a stroll around the neighborhood. Grab brunch at Foreign & Domestic featuring popovers plus frittatas, crispy pork and grits, and lots of sweets.
- Afternoon: Kick off your weekend with happy hour drinks. Catch up with the girls over glasses of wine and fresh Italian small plates at Red Ash Italia, nosh on chips, guacamole, and Mexican beers at the bright and airy Grizzelda's, or enjoy the chic farmhouse-style setting at Lenoir's wine garden.
- Evening: For dinner, dress to impress and head over to Eberly, a trendsetting contemporary American restaurant boasting a gorgeous vintage design that evokes a sophisticated library-meets-solarium vibe. After filling up on farm-to-fork appetizers, artisanal meats, and fresh seafood, head upstairs to the rooftop bar for drinks under the stars, or enjoy a classic cocktail at the iconic Cedar Tavern bar.
- Morning: Start your day with a healthy breakfast at Picnik, where you can fuel up with gluten-free breakfast dishes, bone broth, and grass-fed butter coffee. Then get active with a yoga class at Wanderlust Yoga, or try a yoga-and-hike session at Barton Springs with Sanctuary Yoga. Want to get on the water instead of a yoga mat? Rent a kayak or stand-up paddleboard at Congress Avenue Kayaks or Zilker Park Boat Rentals to explore the glittering waters of Lady Bird Lake, all while getting a body-toning workout.
- Afternoon: Head over to South Congress Avenue to experience Austin’s signature "weirdness." Order lunch at one of the many unique eateries lining the street, such as the retro-modern South Congress Café, vintage-inspired Little Barrel and Brown, or contemporary (and eco-minded) Hopdoddy Burger Bar. Then stroll the eclectic shops where you can unearth vintage finds, score authentic Western wear and browse funky jewelry by indie designers.
- Evening: When you’re ready to rest after all that shopping, unwind with frozen cocktails and tapas on the three-story rooftop bar at 77 Degrees Rooftop, or grab gourmet street tacos and frozen margaritas at Velvet Taco.
- Morning: Go for a decadent brunch (we're talking bread pudding French toast, a smokehouse hash, and pretzels with provolone fondue) at Culinary Dropout. Then indulge in some much-needed pampering with a full-body massage or facial for the whole crew at Away Austin Spa or Massage Sway.
- Afternoon: Make the most of your last afternoon in Austin with a leisurely stroll through the city’s inspiring art museums, such as the Blanton Museum of Art or The Contemporary Austin at the Jones Center. Or, explore the colorful galleries showcasing local artwork, such as Art on 5th and Austin Art Garage, and bring back a unique piece to remember your trip.
- Evening: Once the sun goes down, take your pick from exciting nightlife options. Looking for upscale entertainment or headlining acts? Attend a show at ACL Live at The Moody Theater or Ballet Austin. Wishing for a chic cocktail lounge with beautiful décor? Try cabana-style patio lounge Kitty Cohen's or secret speakeasy Midnight Cowboy (if you can find it!). Another option is to enjoy a low-key honky-tonk with incredible live music at Broken Spoke.