75 Ways To Make Your Wedding Unique
Continued (page 6 of 7)
51. Light the way with a custom gobo—a metal plate stamped with a decorative design, then attached to a spotlight that projects the image on a dance floor or wall. Check out customgobo.com or gobosource.com.
52. Put your best flea-market finds on display, like an antique pitcher filled with flowers for the escort-card table or china cows mixed in with centerpiece flowers.
53. For your vows, consider words he wrote in a Valentine card, or something from a love note you sent him (but nothing too personal).
55. Place a blank card and pen at each place setting, and ask guests to write a favorite memory of you and/or the groom. Later, bind the notes into a scrapbook.
56. Instead of attendants, have your parents and siblings (plus any spouses) stand with you on the altar.
57. Did you two graduate from the same college? Ask the school’s president to officiate at the ceremony.
58. Have your best man emcee a trivia quiz about the two of you—ask each table to work as a team to come up with the answers.
59. Marcy Blum suggests having your new initials and wedding date embroidered inside your dress (initial-impressions.net) and, unless he’s wearing a rental, in his jacket lining, too.
60. If white’s not your thing, opt for an evening gown in your favorite color. To stand out as the bride, wear a tiara.