Ah, the classic exercise conundrum: Just as your wedding approaches and you want to kick up your workouts, time becomes evermore elusive. To the rescue: fitness expert Bonne Marano's supercharged routine, which combines body-strengthening and sculpting moves with calorie-burning cardio. Every move is done “down the aisle” for added benefits. ”When you take these classic standing exercises and add movement across the floor, it kicks up the intensity,” Marano explains. “Balance and core strength come into play, both of which make for a tougher, more effective workout.”
You will need:
-A 20- to 30-yard length of gym or studio floor
-Two medicine balls. 4 to 6 and 8 to 10 pounds, depending on your fitness level.
- -Always warm up first. Do an easy jog up and down the “aisle” for 5 minutes.
- -Follow each strength move with a cardio burst: do 90 seconds to two minutes of cardio in between each strength move. Try running, skipping, side shuffles or high-kick marching to get your heart pumping.
- -Complete entire circuit of moves two or three times, for a total of 25 to 30 minutes.
- -For optimum results, do this routine at least three times per week.
- -As always, consult with a doctor before starting a new exercise program.