Q: Who generally puts the engagement photograph in the newspaper—the parents or the couple?

A: If the parents of the bride and groom want to announce their daughter's or son's engagement in their local hometown paper, they can submit the copy and photo. If the couple wants to announce their engagement jointly, then the bride and groom can submit the information.

If the bride and groom no longer live in their hometown, their parents may prefer to make the announcement. Talk to both sets of parents and find out what they'd prefer to do before submitting any information to any newspaper.

See all questions about wedding photography and videography etiquette

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift

Get personalized planning advice, exclusive offers and must-read wedding news.

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com