When it comes to unearthing the best beauty tips, we always go straight to the source: professional makeup artists. It's their job, after all, to make models and celebrities look fresh and flawless for hours on end — exactly what you want for your wedding day, no? Time and time again they tell us gorgeous makeup starts with the base (read: perfect skin), so we asked a few of our favorite beauty experts to divulge the cult skincare products they use to achieve just that. You can silently thank us when you're walking down the aisle sporting that seemingly unattainable celeb-worthy glow on your big day and beyond.
1. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment: "Exfoliate with this once a week in the evening for eight weeks — you'll really see a brighter complexion. Try ExfoliKate Gentle if you have really sensitive skin."
2. Talika Eye Therapy Patches: "If you wake up on the big day not looking as well rested as you had hoped, have these little gems on hand. They're always in my kit for early morning jobs and red carpet events because they reduce dark circles and puffiness. Store them in your fridge for maximum results."
3. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with sunscreen SPF 15: "I love dewy skin, but for wedding pictures you want to be a bit more matte. Too heavy of a cream can backfire, especially if your photographer is using an on-camera flash. This lightweight, oil-free moisturizer provides just enough moisture for makeup to go on smoothly."
2. Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist: "Use this to set your makeup. It will give you a glowing, hydrated wedding-day look."
3. Tatcha Aburatorigami Blotting Papers: "These will remove excess shine throughout the day without disturbing makeup application." (Editor's note: Make sure these babies are stashed in your wedding-day clutch!)
1. By Terry Cellularose Brightening CC Lumi-Serum: "This corrective serum is the perfect prep step for brightening and neutralizing the skin underneath foundation. A miracle product for skin in need of radiance." (Editor's note: Brides who are wearing strapless gowns can try this on their décolletage, too.)
2. Annee De Mamiel Spring Oil: "Mix a single drop of this seasonal oil into your foundation for a little glow. It's great if you need a douse of moisture."
3. Algenist Pore Corrector Anti-Aging Primer: "The perfect spot treatment for large pores on the cheeks and nose. You can also give it to grooms and groomsmen who want to look finished without looking like they're wearing anything."
Celebrity clients: Léa Seydoux, Rosario Dawson, Christina Hendricks
1. Embryolisse Micellar Lotion: "This product is great for removing makeup from the face, eyes, and lips. It's extremely gentle while still being a highly effective cleanser."
2. Remède Translucent UV Coat SPF 30: "It's one of my all-time favorite sunscreens because it's lightweight, non greasy and absorbs quickly. It comes in four different shades including a transparent one that can be worn alone or under makeup."
3. Aquaphor Healing Ointment: "There really isn't anything this wonder product can't do. It's great for chapped lips, dry skin and can even be used to remove stubborn eye makeup. I love to press it skin right before a long flight to lock in moisture and keep my skin hydrated." (Editor's note: So don't forget to pack it on your honeymoon!)