Want to keep your relationship strong beyond the wedding? Of course you do! Then take a look at the top reasons why couples split. Are you at risk?
WotWentWrong.com, an app that helps people figure out whether they're compatible or on the road to breakup, compiled the data of their users and revealed some fascinating findings about the top reasons why relationships go south. And while every couple has a different story, it's interesting to see the commonalities in the demise of relationships.
For instance, couples who had been together longer than six months were most likely to break up because a.) they fought too much (and who likes that?), b.) they became interested in someone else, or c.) because they cited reasons such as "she's too high-maintenance," "he's too overweight," "sex drive is too low," or "issues of gambling." Sound familiar?
Not surprisingly, sex was the culprit for many relationship blowups. And of the sexual complaints, people referenced things like, "we just had lack of chemistry," and "he finishes sex too quickly" and "he/she was not generous in bed."
Of all the reasons, these comments were most common:
"Sometimes I just wanted to cuddle!"
"I was insecure about our age difference."
"I think we're sexually incompatible."
"You want kids, and I don't."
"Nag, nag, nag."
"Not a fan of facial hair."
"I wasn't feeling it."
If you're having doubts, consider taking a look at a list of top reasons to break up, courtesy of the relationship experts at eHarmony, who say, the writing's on the wall if:
1. You know the relationship has no long-term potential.
2. The relationship has run its course.
3. You've been hurt physically or emotionally.
4. You've been cheated on, or you've cheated.
5. Someone else is on your mind.
6. Everyone else is rallying against the relationship.
7. Your values don't align.
8. You're not happy, and haven't been for a very long time.
9. You feel uneasy about the relationship.
10. You're not growing together.
You Might Also Like