When you dream of your children and grandchildren looking back at photos of you, what do you want them to see? Most likely, the answer is their effortlessly chic mother or grandmother looking timeless. Keep this in mind when dressing for your wedding, of course, but also for your shower and rehearsal dinner. The simplest way to not look dated is to wear crisp, clean designs in a palette of fresh neutrals. Start with a good white blazer and build from there. Keep the shapes classic and don't fuss with too much jewelry. Here, five things to pair with a white blazer that will have you looking like one very stylish bride.
1. Redefine cocktail dressing and make blazer pairing easy with this tailored jumpsuit. Wear your jacket closed to reveal a flash of the blush neckline and don't forget a modern metallic strappy sandal or pointy pump to elevate the look. Crane High Neck Jumpsuit, $215, AQ/AQ available at Bloomingdale's
2. Glamour comes easy in this sleek strapless sheath. Top with an angular blazer draped open and channel Olivia Pope at her finest. Olsen Strapless Sheath, $375, Black Halo available at Revolve Clothing
3. Go girly and play with shades of neutrals when dressing this ivory embroidered princess skirt. Add a little sparkle to your neckline with an embellished camisole or necklace. "Pleats to Be Here" Embroidered Midi Skirt, $47, Lulu's
4. The luxe crinkled sateen fabric begs to be worn to your bridal shower. Choose a nude or white blouse with a modest neckline to balance out the flash of leg. Longer Midi Hi Split Skirt, $196, Karla Spetic available at Shopbop
5. Go Old Hollywood with a high-waisted trouser. Make the masculine look feminine by pairing with a spaghetti strap or v-neck camisole. Drape the blazer over your shoulders to complete the look. High Waist Loose Trouser, $40, Zara