Smoky eyes are great for a night on the town, but for your ceremony, skip the heavy stuff in favor of an ultra-soft style, like the look seen above. You'll be surprised how easy it is to recreate the pretty, barely-there vibe on your own. To help you get it right, we enlisted celebrity makeup artist Troy Surratt to break it down into six simple steps.
1. Pat concealer on your eyelid, lower lashline, and tear trough. This creates a base for eye shadow and helps it last.
2. Add a drop of water or Visine to black or brown powder liner, then use an eyeliner brush to wiggle it into the spaces between your top and bottom lashes. It will make them look super lush, Surratt says.
3. Apply champagne shadow on your eyelids and a white shimmery shadow around your tear ducts. "Blend it until it almost disappears," Surratt says. "It will pick up the light and give you an ethereal twinkle."
4. Curl your upper lashes and brush on two coasts of mascara, starting at the roots. Then add a coat to your lower lashes too.
5. Run a clean disposable mascara wand through your lashes from root to tip to ensure they're all feathery, fluttery, and clump free.
6. Using a tweezer and a dot of glue, start at the outer corners and apply individual fake eyelashes between your upper lashes. Places them a couple of millimeters apart until you reach the center. "It will give a bit or lift and create that doe-eyed effect," Surratt says.