Consider a red lip the little black dress of the bridal beauty world. It's a classic, never-going-out-of-style look that still adds a powerful punch to your bridal ensemble. Seriously, there's nothing like a cherry pout to elevate your wedding day getup. Just pair a ruby red pucker with your gorgeous ivory wedding dress and pearly whites and you're at once an Old Hollywood movie star, a smoldering modern day diva, and totally first kissable.
And just like little black dresses, although they may all look similar, the hundreds — no, thousands — of crimson lip products on the beauty market couldn't be more different. Sure, after an hour browsing at the makeup counter, all those tubes and pots of glossy reds may become a blur — much like the racks of white wedding dresses after your third trip to the bridal salon — but with dozens of formulas and countless crimson shades, there's a red lip out there seemingly made just for your wedding day.
Not to worry, we've done the leg — err, lip — work for you. (You're a busy bride, are you not?) Stains are the name of the game these days, because what bride doesn't need her makeup to last well into the final dance, right? But these tinted lippies are still totally versatile, so whether you want a dramatically pigmented pout or crave a softer, more ethereal look with a beautiful balm, we've got your pucker covered. Read on and discover the perfect red stain to prettify your pout.
1. Most balm-like: "Crush" balm stain, $9.49, Revlon available at Ulta
2. Best for lips and cheeks: "Watermelon" beach tint, $25, Becca available at Sephora
3. Most pigmented: "Exposed" patent finish lip color, $53, Tom Ford
4. Best sheer, buildable coverage: "Posie" tint lip & cheek stain, $30, Benefit Cosmetics
5. Chicest matte: "Lip Maestro" in 502, $38, Giorgio Armani
6. Most smooch-proof: "YLBB Your Lips But Better" waterproof lip liner stain in Perfect Red, $20, It Cosmetics available at Ulta
7. Most versatile (for all of those wedding events!): "Generation G" matte lipstick in Crush, $18, Glossier
8. Glossiest finish: "No. 401 Rouge Vinyle" vinyl cream, $36, Yves Saint Laurent
Subscribe to BRIDES now for the best wedding dresses, advice, and big-day inspiration.
See More: BRIDES Magazine 2016 Beauty Awards