One reason we'll always love nail polish? It's an easy (and inexpensive!) way to add a little extra something to your look — especially when that look consists of a white wedding dress. We've rounded up a few subtly festive shades that are perfect for a New Year's Eve wedding, whether you're the bride, bridesmaid, or guest.
1. Dior Diorific Vernis in Mirror: This sheer, pearlescent polish is the definition of sophistication. It's a bit shimmery, but is sheer enough that it just gives your nails a healthy, shiny glow. We'd wear this one on our wedding day even if it weren't New Year's Eve. $27, available at Dior.
2. Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in Carrie'd Away If you love all things ethereal (read: you swoon over Marchesa), you'll love this delicate gold glitter polish. One coat of this super pretty, not-too-showy polish catches the light just so. $5.99, available at Target
3. Revlon Nail Enamel in Diamond Texture: Most of the particles in this silver glitter shade are really fine, which makes it easy to brush on a seamless, even coat. There are a few slightly larger pieces mixed in, though, which creates an interesting texture when you look up close. So chic. $3.99, available at drugstore.com
4. Essie Nail Polish in Cocktail Bling: You don't have to wear sparkle to be New Year's Eve ready. This soft, greyish blue shade alludes to bling — without actually being glitzy itself. $8.50, available at Essie
5. Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in Paradisio: Leave it to Chanel to make a metallic, mint green nail polish that's not only pretty, but also wedding appropriate. Two coats of this shade create a pastel hue that looks so pretty against a white wedding dress. $27, available at Macy's