We love a good wedding movie as much as the next girl. But as much as we love them we have to admit they're often (okay, almost always) unrealistic — and thank goodness for that! From awful future in-laws to bachelor and bachelorette parties gone horribly wrong, here are six wedding lies perpetuated by Hollywood.
1. At least one of your in-laws will absolutely hate you and do everything in his or her power to try and sabotage your relationship. But don't worry, they always comes around in the end because weddings fix everything, right?
Movies: Meet The Parents, Monster-in-Law, Father of the Bride
2. The bachelor and bachelorette parties are bound to be an absolute mess and everything that can possibly go wrong will. For instance, the bride's dress might get completely destroyed unbeknownst to her or the groom could end up stranded on the top of a hotel roof and almost miss his own wedding. You know, just your typical stuff.
Movies: The Hangover, Bridesmaids, A Guy Thing, Bachelorette
3. A best guy friend is never just a friend. They always are either secretly in love with you or you're secretly in love with them. Or worse, your best friend is secretly in love with your man! Ugh, love triangles.
Movies: My Best Friend's Wedding, Something Borrowed, Made of Honor
4. It's highly likely that one of you will fall in love with someone else while you're engaged, whether it be the wedding planner or a random wedding crasher. And it will be so, so, so romantic.
Movies: Wedding Crashers, The Wedding Planner, The Wedding Singer
5. Speaking now instead of forever holding your peace is encouraged and also quite common. As is bailing on your own wedding. After all, who really cares if your family just shelled out $30,00 for your big day?
Movies: Sweet Home Alabama, Wedding Crashers, The Graduate, The Sweetest Thing, The Wedding Singer
6. Someone's going to give the most epic wedding toast of all time — for better or worse. And usually it's for worse.
Movies: The Hangover 2, Bridesmaids, Old School, The Wedding Singer, Step Brothers
We guess it's better that life isn't really like a movie!