Are you looking to give your groomsmen something more meaningful than the run-of-the-mill flask and beer mug? Support local artisans and give the important men in your life something sweet with one of these handmade gifts.
Photo: Courtesy of 3Twenty Leatherworks
1. Your groomsmen will forever travel in style with their new leather passport wallet. Every wallet is created by hand, including the branding of the initials into the cover. "Each one ends up being as unique as the men who stand with you on that amazing day," says owner John Wathen. ($90.26 for two; 3Twenty Leatherworks, available on Etsy)
Photo: Courtesy of KITCH Studios
2. Your beer-loving friends will more than appreciate these handcrafted natural cotton canvas coasters. KITCH Studios owner Erin Roberts suggests pairing them "with a really nice craft beer pack to round it out for the perfect thank you gift for your groomsmen." ($15 per set; KITCH Studios, available on Etsy)
Photo: Courtesy of Bottle Breacher
3. Give your groomsmen the gift of beer and ammo with a handcrafted 50 Caliber bottle opener from Bottle Breacher. This veteran-owned and operated business has a 25 percent veteran hire rate and is committed to giving back to those who have served our country. Add engraving to each bottle opener for a personalized touch. ($21 each; Bottle Breacher).
Photo: Courtesy of Portland Razor Co.
4. The best men in your life will never throw away a razor again after receiving this handmade straight razor. Portland Razor Co. uses high-carbon tool steel for its blades and acrylic and domestic hardwoods for the scales (the handle). Bladesmith Hunter Lea says, "Straight razors make a great groomsmen gift because they make a statement about investing in things that you want to last." (From $120; Portland Razor Co. )
Photo: Courtesy of Dr. Squelch Soap Co.
5. Dr. Squatch Soap Co. was formed with the goal of creating natural soap with full transparency on all ingredients. Popular scents include pine tar, gold moss and nautical sage. There is no doubt that your groomsmen will enjoy their nourished, manly-smelling skin. ($7 each; Dr. Squatch Soap Co.)
Photo: Courtesy of Beau Ties Ltd of Vermont
6. Bow ties are a great kill-two-birds-with-one-stone option for your wedding day. Beau Ties Ltd of Vermont has been crafting handmade bow ties since 1993. Whether you're looking for a traditional black option or a springtime blush, they've got something both you and your groomsmen will love. (From $45; Beau Ties Lt. of Vermont)
Photo: Courtesy of The Great Republic
7. Tell your groomsmen "thank you" with a pair of stylish, hand-painted cufflinks from The Great Republic. This unique gift will be a great conversation piece at any formal event. ($150 for a pair; The Great Republic)
Photo: Courtesy of Linwood
8. If your groomsmen are handy in the kitchen, they will be forever grateful for a handcrafted cutting board from Linwood. Co-founder Mattie Zito says, "Lin's boards are made to be passed down from generation to generation." Though walnut remains their best-selling wood, maple and cherry are also great options. (From $100; Linwood)