Do you see Nantucket reds, cobalt blues and whitewashed fences when you envision your seaside nuptials? Inspired by Independence Day, we gathered a few of our favorite nautical details—from invites to flowers—in wedding-worthy shades of red, white, and blue. Want to see more where those came from? Check out all of our America the Beautiful-inspired details for a wedding by the sea!
1. Slip into a sleeved gown for a breezy day.
Silk-gazar ball gown, $4,575, Rosa Clará
2. Clutch a bright bouquet between your hands
Anemone and cornflower bouquet
3. Pair a simple dress with bold heels.
Silk-faille heels, $1,100, Roger Vivier, 212-861-5371
4. Shine with some sparkly hairpins.
Star bobby pin set, $92, Jennifer Behr
5. Use a nautical lifesaver ring pillow.
Ring pillow, $46, Edgar & Aguilar Heritage available on Etsy
6. Outfit your flower girl in preppy finery.
Flower-girl dress, $35 for a four-day rental, Il Gufo available at Borrow Baby Couture
You Might Also Like: