When you hear the words "music festival," the next word that comes to mind probably isn't "bride," but maybe it should be! Hear us out... Flower crowns, beachy waves, and braids — sounds like a recipe for the perfect, bohemian bride to us! To get the low down on all things festival hair, we sat down with Christine Symonds, braid master and celeb hairstylist to stars like Kaley Cuoco, Chelsea Handler, and Jessica Simpson, to talk bridal 'do inspiration.
Photo: Courtesy of Christine Symonds
While festival attire isn't the most practical of looks, festival hair totally is! "Whether it's a fun and twisty braid or trendy beach waves, brides can easily obtain a festival-inspired hairstyle for any wedding event. One of my favorite looks is a half up, half down with a double twist (above). Sounds complicated, but it couldn't be easier!"
Photo: Courtesy of Ulta
1. Begin with styling your hair in your desired texture. Christine suggests loose curls or waves for an effortless boho look. For perfectly undone curls, our editors turn to the Beachwaver Pro. ("Beachwaver Pro" curling iron, $199, Beachwaver Co. available at Ulta)
2. Twist two sections of hair into tight twists on either side of your head, and secure with hair ties.
Photo: Courtesy of Target
3. Spray the crown of your head with dry shampoo and back comb the crown section of your head for added volume and texture. Christine's favorite is Batiste Dry Shampoo. "I use it all the time, especially for updos. It gives me added body, texture, and volume, for a long-lasting look." (Dry shampoo, $6, Batiste available at Target)
Photo: Courtesy of Jennifer Behr
4. Bring the twisted sections around to the back of your head and secure with bobby pins. Want to add a touch of glam? We're obsessed with these bobby pins from Jennifer Behr. ("Aster" bobby pins, $152 for five, Jennifer Behr)
5. Final step, remove the hair ties from the ends of your twists and voilà! You've just created the ultimate boho bridal look!