Courtesy of Suzanne Hanover/Universal Pictures
A few reasons we can't wait for the movie Bridesmaids to come out: Judd Apatow produced it, Kristen Wiig cowrote it, and the mostly female cast (Melissa McCarthy, Ellie Kemper, Rose Byrne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wiig) is hilarious. It's also supersmart—witness McCarthy's savvy tips for being a bridesmaid, below.
1. Remind the bride that the wedding is about the vows. Especially when her wedding planner tells her it's about linen colors, place-card fonts, and choosing the perfect moment to release the doves.
2. Bachelorette parties should be really, really fun, not really, really trashy.
3. Smile, and wear whatever bridesmaids' dress she picks out.
4. Take some of her to-do list off her hands. Pick one or two items, and handle them from start to finish.
5. Know her favorite cocktail—and know when she needs it.
Want more? Check out the May issue of BRIDES for other wedding pointers from Ellie Kemper and Maya Rudolph.
—Yolanda Crous, BRIDES magazine