In today's dating world, we find ourselves sifting through a variety of people and experiencing all sorts of relationships with the goal of finding the person we can't live without.
But when searching for a life partner, it's important to ask yourself the following questions FIRST. Then, as you screen potential loves and move through the selection process, your answers to these questions will help you get to know your dates.
6. When is it OK (and not OK) to express sadness, anger or fear to one another?
7. How important is it to you to feel affirmed (supported, valued, accepted, challenged) within the relationship?
8. How important is it to share honestly and openly? (Where does truthfulness rank in your relationship values?)
9. Is it OK to feel jealous or resentful if one of you becomes close with other people? (How would you prefer you and your partner express those feelings?)
10. What does "quality time" mean to you and how much of it do you need to feel happy in the marriage?
16. What role does "adventure" play in the relationship? Spontaneity? Surprises?
17. What interests or activities do you wish to share with your spouse?
18. How important is it for you to be able to rely on your partner?
19. How important is affection and non-sexual touch i.e., cuddling, kissing, holding hands, hugs, back rubs?
26. What hopes and dreams would you like your spouse to fulfill for you?
27. What life goals would you like your spouse to support you in?
28. How important is it to agree on the same philosophy of money management? Life-style?
29. How important is sexual intimacy and how often do you wish to engage sexually in order to be happy?
30. How important is it to forge intellectual, spiritual and emotional connections before engaging sexually? (Do you wish to wait for a commitment or marriage?)