Continued (page 2 of 14)


The Office of the County Clerk (City Hall, Polk and McAllister Streets, Room 168; 415-554-4950; handles marriage licenses. The office's Web site details the intricacies of public and confidential marriages and has info about fees and scheduling. Blood tests aren't required, but you must make a reservation to apply for a license. When filing the license application, both partners must be present and each must show a legal photo ID that contains full legal name; otherwise a Social Security card or certified copy of a birth certificate with a full legal name is required. If you plan far enough ahead, you can get married right in City Hall itself, just like Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio did (though perhaps with fewer paparazzi).

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from