WHY WE LOVE IT
- Where better to celebrate your eternal love than in the Eternal City?
- Ancient Rome: Coliseum, Pantheon, Forum, Catacombs, Castel Sant' Angelo
- People-watching on the Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, and the Borghese Gardens.
- A concert in Santa Cecilia, Sinopoli, or Petrassi Hall.
- Strolling in Trastevere, and its edgier neighbors, Testaccio and Ostiense.
- Stuffing yourselves silly at hip little enotecas and trattorias.
- Good buys: leather gloves, La Perla lingerie, the wedding gifts you didn't receive from Spazio Sette and C.U.C.I.N.A.
WHEN TO GO
Best to go in April, May, June, September, or October. Many shops and restaurants close in August, and July brings heat and crowds.