Unusual Wedding Ideas
These unconventional wedding ideas will give your vows a dose of wow
1. Underwater On Maui, wed aboard Atlantis, a 65-foot submarine, as it dives 150 feet beneath the Pacific (from $5,495*; 800-368-5502 or hawaiianislandweddings.com); in the Maldives, exchange ceremonial I dos in Ithaa, a submerged restaurant tucked into a coral reef in the Indian Ocean with 180-degree views of tropical fish (from $2,860; 800-266-7237 or hiltonworldresorts.com); take the plunge, literally, with an underwater wedding at Coral World on St. Thomas, where, thanks to the Sea Trek helmets, you won't wreck your 'do (from $1,500; 340-775-1555 or coralworldvi.com).
2. On an Alaskan glacier After your helicopter touches down on Juneau's spectacular Mendenhall Glacier, step onto this eternal cathedral of ice to say your vows and, with the help of specially designed shoes, enjoy your first dance (from $3,999; 907-789-3772 or pearsonspond.com).
3. Alongside dolphins The Flipper look-alikes at Dolphin Encounters on Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau, Bahamas, carry bouquets and present you and your groom with your rings; afterward, they'll share your happiness with a kiss (from $2,890; 242-363-7167 or dolphinencounters.com).
4. In a village in Africa In Zambia, you'll be serenaded by a choir as you make your way—via oxcart—from your chalet at the Islands of Siankaba to a whitewashed church. After the ceremony, you'll be joined by locals for a dance and song before you decamp for a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River (from $2,500; 011-260-03-32-7490 or siankaba.net).
5. With an elephant procession in Thailand Your groom will arrive at the Lotus Pond at the Anantara Golden Triangle on a brightly festooned elephant. Once a local monk has blessed you and tied sacred strings on your wrists, you'll both head, atop the awaiting pachyderm, to your reception (from $2,500; 011-66-0-5378-4084 or anantara.com).