Honeymoon in Jamaica
Continued (page 3 of 3)
Hide away with the hummingbirds and butterflies at Strawberry Hill, which comprises a dozen delightful frame cottages tucked into Blue Mountain coffee country a half hour from Kingston. Part of the chic Island Outpost group, Strawberry Hill will lure you with mountain breezes, dazzling views, and old-time steamer-trunk elegance. You'll dine on New Jamaican cuisine (like West Indian pumpkin soup or jerk rack of lamb loin), and on Saturday afternoon, high tea is a must. Treat yourselves to a session at the Aveda Concept Spa, which uses delightful botanical ingredients in its varied treatments.
Small, sweet, and sensual, the 50-room Coyaba Beach Resort Club nestles into a sandy cove five miles from pulsating MoBay. Your room, with a four-poster and bright floral decor, opens onto a terrace above the pool and sea. Dine lavishly in the Vineyard restaurant, then drop into the Polo Grounds bar, a hot spot for the MoBay in crowd, and cap off the night in the Jacuzzi.
Where to Stay
- Couples Negril, 800-COUPLES, couples.com
- Sandals Dunn's River Falls, 888-SANDALS, sandals.com
- Royal Plantation Ocho Rios, 888-48-ROYAL, royalplantation.com
- Half Moon Montego Bay, 800-626-0592, halfmoon.com
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas, 800-972-2159, roundhilljamaica.com
- Strawberry Hill Hotel & Spa, 800-OUTPOST, email@example.com
- Coyaba Beach Resort Club, 877-232-2344, coyabaresortjamaica.com
For more information, contact the Jamaica Tourist Board, 800-233-4582, visitjamaica.com