Bridesmaid problems :(

Online Users: 1,281 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 2

justpeachy2 Posts : 3 Registered: 12/6/13
Bridesmaid problems :(
Posted: Dec 6, 2013 1:03 PM

I have 5 bridesmaids, one is my sister and the rest are my best friends from college. Aside from my sis, no one seems particularly interested in my wedding. I'm still in the early planning stages and have a ton of decisions to make. I was counting on their involvement to get everything done in time. I understand that everyone has their own lives but how can I get them to want to be apart of my special time as well?

Syringa Posts : 115 Registered: 1/18/12
Re: Bridesmaid problems :(
Posted: Dec 8, 2013 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: justpeachy2

In reality, you can't. When you ask someone to be a bridesmaid, their responsibilities occur close to the wedding date. They purchase their dresses, then attend the rehearsal and wedding day. They do not have to be involved in any of the preliminary planning unless they specifically indicate an interest in doing so.

They are also not obligated to host a shower if they are limited by distance, finances, young children or another issue. The same goes for a bachelorette party. Presumably, you asked the ladies to be bridesmaids because you want them to be part of your big day. They didn't sign on for the months leading up to the big day. That is what your wedding planner is for. Perhaps your maid of honor or your mother may be interested in helping with some of the planning.

beachgal2004 Posts : 80 Registered: 2/6/07
Re: Bridesmaid problems :(
Posted: Dec 27, 2013 7:20 PM Go to message in response to: Syringa

I agree in a way but they are your friends they could at least help out alittle.

:) love ya

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine