impatiently waiting.

Online Users: 1,370 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 2

sheswaiting Posts : 2 Registered: 7/26/13
impatiently waiting.
Posted: Jul 26, 2013 8:40 AM

this is more of a vent....I have been impatiently waiting for going on 2 years for the proposal. (we have been dating for 3 1/2 years) I have been driving myself crazy waiting. Ever since I can remember I have known that being a wife is my calling in life. Now that I have the love of my life and someone I want to be a wife too, the desire to be a wife is even stronger. I know he wants to marry me, he is just taking forever.Last Christmas I thought he was going to propose. Then again when I traveled with him and his parents to CA, might I mention over my birthday, so I thought it was the perfect time and the whole week I thought He was going to propose. I anticipated the moment the whole trip. Alas when my birthday finally came, I cried at the end of the night because i finally realized it wasnt going to happen. I felt like an idiot. Now, I am too scared to anticipate it. I have never been so disappointed.
There is no other person for me so its not even an option to move on. I am so in love but so impatient. any advice?

PrincessOfPortl... Posts : 9 Registered: 12/16/13
Re: impatiently waiting.
Posted: Dec 17, 2013 5:45 PM Go to message in response to: sheswaiting

3.5 years isn't that long, don't worry yet :)

RazorbackBelle08 Posts : 2 Registered: 12/21/13
Re: impatiently waiting.
Posted: Dec 21, 2013 2:59 PM Go to message in response to: sheswaiting

If it was me I would have a talk with him. Just say that you're not getting any younger and you love him very much and want to spend the rest of your life with him-- but if he isn't sure that he wants to marry you, you need to know up front. Despite what the poster above said, 3.5 years is plenty of time. He should have asked by now, I would think.

Sometimes you just gotta say something, IMO.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine