MOB dress problem

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 0

Kissten Posts : 2 Registered: 12/30/07
MOB dress problem
Posted: Apr 16, 2013 10:31 PM

I'm getting married in 5 weeks and my mother just bought her MOB dress, which is gorgeous. It looks great on her, it's a floor length knit dress, seafoam green with a black lace print and she was totally happy with it until a few minutes ago. My FMIL already bought a dress, which I said was fine. I had no idea that I was supposed to have a say in what she wore...Personally I think the dresses will be fine together, but her dress is slate blue, knee length, and lacy. My mom is really upset that they aren't the same length or style or something. And she says I should have asked my FMIL to wait until she had bought a dress when she asked, and I had no idea I was even allowed to say that. I get along well with both mothers and I love them both. I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable and I just want everyone to be happy. I think part of my mom's issue is that even though my FMIL's dress isn't as long, it will seem more formal since it's not knit but lacy. My parents have a lot less money than my fiance's and I know that can cause some tension sometimes. That may not be why she's upset, but it could be one reason. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine