Why won't he propose?

Online Users: 1,266 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

acpnwlw Posts : 1 Registered: 3/14/13
Why won't he propose?
Posted: Mar 14, 2013 9:53 PM

I've been with my SO for almost 8 years now, 8 years together and 8 years living together. We jumped in our relationship pretty quick but it has worked out great. Well I just turned 30 and for the past 2 years or so I have been dropping hints about getting married and having children. He says that yes that one day he wants to have children but when the subject of marriage comes up he says that the doesn't want to get married, when I ask him how come he says either that he isn't ready to or he says I don't want to talk about it.

I don't know what to do, I have asked him to marry me and he said that he wasn't ready to. I asked him if he "knew" when he might be ready to and he doesn't know. When asked when would he be ready to have children he says some day, but he is for sure about having them just not any time soon. I don't want to pressure him into getting married because I don't want him to marry me unless he wants to not because I want him to.

I love this guy more than I have loved anyone else and he says the same. I couldn't even fathom life without him, everything is more wonderful when he is around.

How much longer should I wait, isn't 8 years long enough?

miriamlee Posts : 18 Registered: 2/10/13
Re: Why won't he propose?
Posted: Mar 29, 2013 11:37 PM Go to message in response to: acpnwlw

I don't wanna sound like I'm preaching but, the saddest part in a person's life is missing out God's best. We don't really know who's for whom, all we can do is wait for God's perfect time. Everything takes place in it's time. God has a plan for you, just wait for it to come. If that time comes, believe me, it will be all worth the wait. :)

youdaf Posts : 3 Registered: 3/26/13
Re: Why won't he propose?
Posted: Apr 1, 2013 2:00 AM Go to message in response to: acpnwlw

Dear,
Have you heard that the time you get along with each other is longer, the smaller possibility of marriage? Eight Years is longer enough,if he still doesn't want to get married,you could proposal to him,otherwise you should leave him.

"I have a dream of being Princess. I saw so many beautiful mermaid trumpet wedding dresses there. How I wish I could get one in my big day."

Edited by: youdaf on Apr 1, 2013 2:00 AM

Edited by: youdaf on Apr 1, 2013 2:01 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine