vow renewal

Online Users: 1,307 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 0

aylaalexandra Posts : 1 Registered: 3/15/13
vow renewal
Posted: Mar 15, 2013 2:06 AM

Greetingss~
So, I do completely understand that I had the "wedding" already. Because we were young (and stupid) we did it completely on the fly with a sundress and flip flops at the top of the court house in Seattle, WA. Just our best friends were there (his and mine, both from grade 2) and our families were SO angry when they found out. The test of time has paid off, three years later everyone is quite pleased with us, getting through college, moving across the continent into a new country, having awesome jobs, and about to buy our first home. Our families both have pressured us to have a "second wedding" which I feel is silly since we have made a life together. We do however want to have a 5 year anniversary vow renewal. Because we never ever celebrated with our families I feel tempted to make it into a big affair with a wedding dress, flowers, tiered cake, band, but without the father daughter dance and the registry bit etc.

& just as a side note, we are married legally but didn't live together until we had been married for an entire year (due to school) and we never exchanged rings or went through a proposal. We haven't ever had a reception or celebration. I know it all sounds loveless and awful, my husband and I got married extremely young (I was 18 and he was 21) due to health insurance issues, I have a rare type of thyroid disorder.
Last month my husband got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of our days together, and I got my very first proposal and very first ring. We started dating when I was 14 and will be together for 11 years, married for 5 by the time we have the vow renewal. Because this is such a strange situation I am wondering how to handle it. I want to give myself plenty of time to get everything in order because between him and I, a full on wedding type celebration would be over 200 people. We both are still madly in love and have been through hell and back. Please help, and thank you for reading all the way through!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine