Help with Plus size Bridesmaid Dresses

Online Users: 1,304 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3

Britany1025 Posts : 3 Registered: 1/21/13
Help with Plus size Bridesmaid Dresses
Posted: Jan 23, 2013 12:15 AM

I need some suggestions on which dress is suitable for my bridesmaids.They are all plus sized girls and I would like to purchase a dress that would flatter them all. I was considering empire dresses with floor length, my wedding colors are light sky blue. What do you guys think of my choices? Does anybody have advice about what kind of dress is the most appropriate for plus sized girls?Thanks!

victorialove Posts : 3 Registered: 1/21/13
Re: Help with Plus size Bridesmaid Dresses
Posted: Jan 23, 2013 1:02 AM Go to message in response to: Britany1025

Hi there! Do you mind buying online? or rather, do you mind purchasing bridesmaid dresses from Chinese dress dealers? If not, I recommend 1dress.co.uk to you. They have a good collection of bridesmaid dresses, what's more,if you pay a little extra,they can customize the dress according to your measurements. In that case, you don't have to worry about the fit.I personally think the following dress style can meet your needs.Hope you like it.By the way,be sure to have someone take their measurements carefully according to the measuring guide. Good luck!

jessie409 Posts : 27 Registered: 3/4/13
Posted: Mar 8, 2013 3:10 AM Go to message in response to: Britany1025

I know one good site: JenJenHouse.com. I recently bought one plus size dress from them.
It arrived on time as promised and seriously is amazing! I paid 100.00 for this dress and it looks like I paid 500 for it! So pleased with this purchase!
Also, recently they have an activity on their FB. You could go and have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/events/141111119389779/

You could also see the reviews on their website first and then decide.

zoe2bride Posts : 2 Registered: 5/29/12
Posted: Mar 20, 2013 3:41 AM Go to message in response to: Britany1025

I am a plus size girl. I definitely agree with empire waist being not the best choice. Also anything else that has a design or something around the bust has always been difficult for me personally as I have a large chest as well. The lines/designs rarely go where they are supposed too. Even in the correct size, large busted women often face this. I personally like sweetheart necklines for larger busted women. I also agree rouching is helpful. I personally like to when it is on the side. Here is the dress my BM is going to wear. http://www.inweddingdress.com/style-br182.html

Edited by: zoe2bride on Mar 20, 2013 3:41 AM

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine